Chapter Twelve

"Max, I'm not upset about it!" Preston huffed, keeping his eyes on the road. "Don't beat yourself up over this."

He had just picked the teen up from work. The boy had told him how bad he felt about the phone situation.     

The shorter started out the window. "I know, it's just..." He let out a sigh and let his head hit the glass. "I was wondered you'd think it was your fault."

"What? No!" The theatre geek murmured, turning down their street. "It's the school board's fault, for not allowing phones in school."

He heard the other laugh dryly. "I wish."

"Anyway..." Preston said, changing the topic. "I hope you didn't forget what's happening tonight."

"What your mom coming over?" Max questioned, tearing his gaze away from the window. "It's impossible to forget that women."

The actor laughed, pulling into their driveway. "Please tell me you mean that in a good way."

"I do. She's really sweet," the senior commented, pressing the unlock button in his door. He pushed it open and fished out his house keys.

"I'm just saying, most people don't get along with their in-laws," the taller male stated as he stepped out of the vehicle. "Well, she's practically your in-law."

The younger snickered and unlocked the front door. He held it open for Preston as he walked in.

"When should she be here?" he asked, plopping down on the couch. His boyfriend giggled and joined him. "Around eight. I'm going to have to cook something soon..."

Max stifled a laugh and wrapped his arms around the other. "I can do it if you don't want to."

"No no, I want to!" The auburn haired male lowered his voice. "I just might need some help with it..."

His lover laughed softly. "Of course, babe." He pressed a kiss to the college student's cheek.