Chapter Seven

"God fucking dammit," Preston hissed, speed walking towards his car. Max and Nerris followed slowly behind, looking bewildered. They exchanged a glance. "He's really pissed," they seemed to say.

He had a good reason though. Someone had backed right into his car, busting a taillight. The back bumper looked dented, too. His peers kept their distance, allowing him to let off steam.

"Were they fucking blind?" he spat, surveying the damage. He let out a frustrated sigh and put a hand on his his hip. The other hand kept running through his hair. "They have no idea how much this is going to cost to fix!" He started pacing back and forth. "At least it's still drivable..."

Nerris let out a sigh of relief. "He's calmed down some."

Max nodded and cautiously approached his boyfriend. When he was close enough, he wrapped an arm around Preston's torso.

"It'll be alright," he said quietly. The taller opened his mouth to protest, but was cut off by a kiss.

"Trust me," the senior stated, locking eyes with the other. "It'll work out..."

•~•

"I just can't believe that happened!" The dramatic male sighed, collapsing on the couch. His lover nodded and laid his head across his lap. "I know. I can't either."

Preston started petting the teen's hair. "It's just..." He huffed. "And least no one got hurt."

"Exactly," Max murmured, leaning into the touch. He playfully purred like a cat. This earned a giggle from his boyfriend.

"Good kitty," he joked, tangling his fingers in the black tufts. The cynical boy looked up and meowed. They both had to laughed.

"You always know how to cheer me up," Preston said affectionately. He watched the other smile up at him. "It's because I love to see your beautiful smile."

He rolled his eyes. "Shut up."

A mischievous smirk appeared on Max's face. "Make me."

The actor shrugged. "Alright..." He leaned down and kissed him sweetly.

It was very effective, to say the least.