Chapter Twenty Eight

Jesus dreamed of death.

"Mr. Rovia, your time is running out. Do you have a plan?"

Jesus let out a long, tired sigh.

"I'm afraid not, but here's the thing. How do I even know if Daryl's in love with me or not?"

"He could be in love with you right now, you're absolutely right. But, as always, it must be expressed as true love's kiss. And obviously, Daryl must initiate said kiss."

Jesus groaned.

"Can I like, give him a gentle nudge?" He asked.

Death laughed.

"No, Mr. Rovia, this is what you agreed to. You get extra time with Daryl, and I get some entertainment. Giving him a nudge would ruin my entertainment, wouldn't it?"

"I suppose so." Jesus replied glumly.

Death snapped his fingers, and an hour glass appeared.

"You have two days left, Mr. Rovia. Use them wisely, as they could be your last."

Jesus woke with a start.

He found that he had fallen asleep on a couch in the lobby, in a sitting position that was not very comfortable. Daryl was sitting next to him, watching him intently.

He blinked sleepily at Daryl.

"What are you doing here?" He mumbled.

Daryl rolled his eyes.

"Keepin an eye on you. What do ya think I'm doing?"

Jesus smiled a little.

"You didn't have to do that, you know. I'm okay."

"Yeah. I know." Daryl responded, shifting a little. "I just wanted.... to make sure you were okay."

"Well, thank you."

"Mhm. I'm not sure I trust this Jenner guy, to be honest."

Jesus straightened, turned sideways, and stretched his legs out, placing his feet on Daryl's lap. Daryl looked down at them with a look of disgust, but said nothing.

"Why don't you trust him?" Jesus asked. "Is it because of Beth? Because I really don't think he meant to-"

"It's not about Beth." Daryl cut him off.

"Well, what's wrong then?"

Daryl looked around nervously. He made sure no one was around, before he leaned in and whispered,

"I think he wants to keep us here, as, I don't know, some experiment. Forever."

Jesus raised an eyebrow. Daryl was far too paranoid.

"Why do you think that?" He whispered back.

"Because, I heard him talking to himself in the lab, while you were sleeping. He sounded crazy, Paul."

Jesus wanted to brush Daryl off, claim that he was being ridiculous, but the look on Daryl's face frightened him.

"We should get the others and get out of here. You're right. I get weird vibes from this place."

Daryl nodded, looking relieved.

The two men stood up, and quietly walked around the corner to the rooms where everyone slept.

They were about to knock on Rick's door, when Jenner stepped out of the shadows.

"Leaving so soon, are we?" He purred.