What will it be

Ellie's POV:

"Will you be my girlfriend?" were the last 5 words that had come out of Cameron's mouth the night of my birthday. But little did I know what was expected next.

*yesterday*

After Cameron finished his sentence; I hesitated. It was dark yet I could see the smile on his face fade and the sparkle in his eyes becoming dull.

"Cameron, I like you, but things are hard and I would like some time to think." I spoke.

"It's Nate isn't it?" His voice began to crack.

"No not at all believe me Cam."

"Then why is it so hard?! You said you like me more than a friend. YOU ARE SO BIPOLAR ELLIE!" It seemed like he choked the last part out but it still hurt.

"Why are you yelling at me Cam! I am asking for a little bit of time."

"Time is running out, halfway through summer and what we both want to happen is not happening." He turned to walk away but stopped in his tracks, "Keep the box and whats in it. When you are sure of your decision then do what you want with it." With that he went back to the house.

"CAKE. ELLIE WHERE ARE YOU??" Caniff started screaming, outside of the house.

"JUST A SECOND!" I shouted back. I opened the box to reveal a beautiful gold, square watch with diamonds encrusted around it. Attached was a note that read:

Time is eternity; When eternity ends is when I'll stop loving you.

I closed the box and ran back to the house. When I stepped in, all of the lights were turned out and Taylor was carrying a cake with 18 candles on it.

"Happy birthday to you...." Everyone started singing. The song ended, I blew out the candles and everyone cheered. Just as I was about to cut the first piece of cake Nash came running in screaming

"911! someone now!"

Everyone went into panic mode while I went up to Nash asking him what happened.

"Cameron got hit by a drunk driver." He was panting almost out of breath.

I ran outside where I saw Cameron laying there in the middle of the street with a puddle of blood surrounding him. He looked lifeless.

The ambulance came and took him to the hospital. I begged them to take me in the car with Cam but they didnt let me.

Which is where I am now. At the hospital sitting next to Cameron. He was currently in a coma. The doctor gave him a couple of shots and are now waiting for the medicine to settle before he can go into surgery. He is wrapped in a whole bunch of bandages.

I picked up his hands and interlocked our fingers.

Taylor was next to me trying to comfort me. While all of Cam's closest friends leaned against the wall waiting. I felt bad for them, Cameron was like their brother and now he might not make it. I especially felt bad for Nash.

"Im going to go get coffee. You guys want some?" Taylor spoke up.

All of the guys nodded their heads.

"We should all head out. Leave Ellie alone with Cam." Matthew said.

They all headed out, stopping to give me hugs and telling me it okay while on their way.

Once we were alone, I took my other hand and cupped his cheek. I wish that I could see his beautiful eyes and his perfect smile one last time.

The nurse came in and started checking the machine. She left and came back with the doctor.

"Hi ma'm are you his girlfriend?" the doctor asked.

"Um, no I'm just a friend." I replied.

"Well ma'm I think it's time for Mr.Dallas to go into surgery."

"Okay, how long will it take? Will he heal fast?" I started rambling on with quetions.

"Please calm down, Mr.Dallas is in good hands." The Doctor said smiling, "You can go home shower, rest an come back in a couple of hours."

I nodded and stood there watching them wheel Cameron out.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I came back to the hospital as soon as I could. All of the other guys had gone back to Nash and Cam's house to clean up and go to bed. I begged Luke to drive me to the hospital even though it was 5:00 in the morning.

I ran into Cameron's room where I saw him with a cast around his leg and a shoulder brace as well. There were bandages wrapped around his head and he had bruises all over his face still.

I walked over and sat next to Cameron. The doctor had said it might take him a while to wake up for it was a pretty bad accident.

"Cameron, please wake up." I shed a tear, "I don't know what I would do without you."

I paused to see if he would respond. He didn't.

"1 month ago I was just a fan that you never knew. Now I feel like I've known you my whole life. Your the sweetest guy I ever met and maybe...the only guy I think I'm in love with." By now I was sobbing.

"I saw what was in the box. I really like it. It mean a lot if you love me till eternity ends." I tried smiling. "I've thought about what you asked me. And the answer was right in front of me this whole time. I'll never find a guy like you ever again. And I cant let you go so easily. What I'm trying to say Cam is..." Before I said anymore, I took out the watch.

"Yes, my answer, I'll be your girlfriend."