Ready,Set

Ellie' s Pov:

"Taylor wake up."

"Ugh what time is it?" She said groggily.

"8:00 we need to create a plan asap."

"I need coffee to wake up."

"Fine I'll go grab us some Starbucks in the lobby. When I get back I expect you to be ready." I warned her.

I grabbed my room key, phone an I slipped on my shoes.

"Hi what can I get you this morning?" the register lady asked.

"Two grande coffees please, thats it."
I replied.

"Sure coming right up."

I got the coffees and brought them over to the counter to put some sugar in them.

"Nice to see you again Ellie." I froze. I knew exactly who was behind me.

"Nate, what do you want?" I tried sounding not as irritated as I actually was.

"Oh c'mon El sound more cheerful." He held onto my chin and lifted it so that I was looking into his eyes.

"Not when I see you I can't" I showed a fake smile.

"Rumors that you are with that boy Cameron Dallas? Is it?"

"And why do you care?"

"Well, because I'm not willing to let you go that easily."

"I was never yours to begin with. And knowing that you purposely tried to kill Cameron by running him over, I will never be yours." I snapped.

"Think. We can go off to New York together and live in the upper-east side with me."

"In your dreams." I grabbed the two coffees and walked/ran to the elevator turning back once in a while to make sure he wasn't following me.

"Taylor. Taylor!" I yelled as I came into the room.

"What Ellie?" She came out of the bathroom and took one of the coffees.

"Bad news, Nate knows I'm here and he's not gonna let me out of his reach."

"Then lets get to the plan." Taylor sighed.

" Okay, so I met Nate at a club right?"

She doesn't answer at first, she grabs her coffee and sits on the bed, looking up at me with her big, hazel eyes. I clear my throat and shake me head.

" Tay?"

" Oh, you were asking me?"

I nod and face palm myself as she shrugs and sulks where she sits. " I thought it was a rhetorical question."

" Anyway," I say, closing my eyes and shaking my head, " I met Nate at a club, so whatever we do, should be at a club."

" Why?"

" I don't know, it makes me feel clever," I admit, plopping down on the bed next to Taylor, laying on my back and covering my face with my hands.

I laid there thinking. And then, I had a lightbulb. "Taylor! I got it! Nate told me one of his darkest secrets. One that he never wanted to relive."

She looked confused,"Are you gonna tell me his secret?"

I hesitated, "His dad would take him out and force Nate to help deal... the stuff."

"Stuff?"

"Taylor don't be clueless. You know.." I lowered my voice, "drugs." I only got goosebumps thinking about it.

"We're the only people in this room El you don't need to whisper." She shook her head laughing.

"So we contact Nate's dad. Tell him that Nate is on the edge and needs some 'help'. I tell Nate to meet me at the club and Nate's dad will be there waiting to give Nate the drugs. I will find a way to get the 'stuff' from Nate's dad to sneak into Nate's pocket. You call the police and we stay as far as possible, but still eye's sight away." I was rambling and I could see Taylor nodding her head but not paying attention.

"TAYLOR! This is important pay attention!" I snapped.

"But how will you get in contact with Nate?" Taylor asked.

"Sweetie his family is one of the richest in the upper-eastside of New York. He wont be hard to track." I pulled out my macbook and got to work.

*ring ring*

I grabbed my phone and picked it up. Stupidly enough I didn't look at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Ellie! Hi good news the doctor said that I am healing and I can go home later today!" My smile dropped. This lie that I've been keeping from Cam I haven't though through yet. "Are you there El?"

"Huh?" I refreshed myself, "Oh ya. Cameron babe that's great!" I hated having to lie to him. But it was for the good.

"Yea I know. Thats why I was hoping we could go out to dinner tonight?"

Crap

"Um right Cam you know how Im having family problems which is why I haven't been coming in the hospital lately. I.."

Cam cut me off. "Ellie I totally understand. I just hoped your family issues had gone away. But dont worry."

~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~

Cameron's POV:

There was a pause in the conversation and I had guessed we lost connection. She finally spoke up.

"Yea thanks Cam so much your such a good boyfriend." That made me feel a lot better the way she referred to me as her 'boyfriend'.

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm at home figuring things out." she quickly added in "for the family."

"Erm I need to go but bye Ellie I miss you." I hung up before she could reply.

I got out of my car and walked up the front porch. I rang the doorbell and wauted. No answer. I did the same thing and I got the same response.

One thing Ellie didn't know was that I got checked out early this morning and I needed to check up on her first. Which is why I am here. Standing at her front porch.

When I talked to her a yesterday she seemed on edge. And I've been dying to know why. I wanted to protect her.

Turns out she is keeping a secret. A secret bigger than just lying to my face saying she was home when she isn't.

A/N

UGH it's been almost a week since I've updated and I feel horrible!

This chapter was kind of a filler sorry about that. But keeping voting and sharing!

I'm almost to 1k reads and I'm super excited so help me get there!

s/o to @greeneyedgod for helping me get through my writers block as well!

Stay Posted
~Kay