Five

—Artemis POV—

"His legs are broken as have healed wrong. And a few of his ribs are as well. Obviously he doesn't feel pain or this might have been unbearable. Now on the mental part, he feels nothing just one big numbness. He doesn't feel happy or angry at the right times. He will be spontaneous with his moods, so try to keep him calm. His soul. That's a whole different story. It is trying to heal but there is on big grey cloud around it. He will have to work it out on his own. Any help from the gods could reset his recovery completely." A boy named Will said. He said he was the head at the infirmary. I believe him. He seems like a kind boy, the way Perseus was, before.

"Art-" Perseus's voice cracked.
"Here, drink." He drank as I drew the cup up to his mouth.
"You exhausted yourself! You had no sleep and you kept trying to turn into a wolf!" I said with a little anger in my voice. "Gods, Perseus please don't scare me like that again!"
"I-"
"Don't speak, moon. Just rest and heal."
"My Moon." Perseus finally managed before his face went slack against his pillow.
"How much ambrosia does he need?" The boy, Will asked.
"The whole thing." I replied.
"That will kill him! He's a demigod, not a god!"
"To correct you he is a guardian, stronger than any demigod or god."
"Oh" Will replied sheepishly.

—Nico POV—

Everyone was accusing Percy of being a traitor, could they not see where those stupid creatures had dog into him. Like he was theirs or something! Nico thought.
"Percy is the strongest Demigod alive!" One of the older kids exclaimed.
"What are you talking about?" Daniel said to the boy. "I am the strongest demigod! Did you not see how easily Percy-"
"Perseus." I interrupted. "Only his friends may call him Percy.
"Whatever. Obviously I am the strongest. He was easily overthrown by his own brother! Me! Daniel Press, son of Poseidon."
"Everyone knows Percy is his favorite son!"I muttered.
"Well if he thinks he can come back here and run this place he is wrong!" Daniel continued.

I walked away not wanting to listen to whatever lies he was putting in people's heads. I walked straight to the infirmary where Percy and Artemis were.

—Percy POV—

I woke up to Artemis and Nico talking. I sat up.
"Hey, Percy, you need to be careful when you leave today." Nico said.
"Why?"
"Well Daniel is saying that he wants to have a duel and he's gonna win because he is the best Demigod and all this other stuff that isn't true."
"Sorry Nico But I'm done getting involved with demigods. I don't want anything to do with him. He's already caused me enough pain."
"Okay Perce, But watch your back."

—a few hours later—

"Your cleared to leave." Will said walking into my room.
"Finally." I said pulling off my shirt and changing. "The wounds look much better."

Will smiled but it was pained. Probably from looking at my back. It was littered with scars and initials. And to make it worse the scars were all over me.

I walked outside and waited for Artemis and the hunters. We were supposed to leave out today. If no one got held up.

Making sure the girls didn't mind me coming inside, I walked to the cabin and knocked on the door. Thalia answered.
"Can I come in?"
"Yeah, of course." She said with a smile. Still pained. Gods I hated how people look at me. Like I was a kicked puppy or something. 

I came inside and sat down on Artemis's bed.
"In a few days, my moon, we will be able to do the second half of the blessing."
"Good," I said staring ahead absently. "Will we have to go back to Olympus?"
"Yes, I'm afraid so. Is that okay for you?"
"Of course." I said still staring.

I got up and walked to the bathroom. I felt everyone's eyes skitter across me as I walked. I removed my shirt and looked at my back. Scars, scars, and of course more scars. Gods my body was ugly. I sat with my head down on the floor. What was this? Why am I doing this? I could just as easily be dead. I thought for a while when I heard a knock on the door.
"Yes?" I asked.
"My moon, it has been a hour and I am worried are you okay?"
I stood up and walked towards to door letting her in. Then closing it behind. "Why am I doing this?" A tear ran down my face.
"Oh no, my moon." She sighed placing a hand on my shoulder. "You are doing this because it is your destiny. You are not ugly-"
"How'd you know?"
"You've been thinking a lot and me and you are connected in that way. We can think to each other, talk, communicate. I have heard every thought."
"Oh," I managed to get out before I collapsed. "None of my friends act like they used to." I sobbed. "The all look at me like I'm hurt. And I hate it. I want my old life back!"
Artemis pulled me into a hug. She held me like this for a few minutes before exhaustion took over and I fell asleep.

—night—

I woke up to someone jerking me.
"Get up." There was a knife pressed to my cheek. I'm pretty sure it was cutting in but the pain didn't make me think twice.
"Who are you?" I said sternly reaching into my pocket.
"Daniel"
I glared at the dark silhouette on me. I kneed him in the stomach. When he doubled over I threw him off of me.
"Try that little move again and you'll be dead. Now please leave my cabin."
"You belong in the Poseidon cabin with me." Daniel growled. "You Percy Jackson are nothing."
"What do you mean?"
"I see how Annabeth looks at you. Like your something but you are nothing."
"This is about her? Because from what I know is that my loyalty is no longer existent. Thanks to you kid."
"Im older than you! What are you? 17 I'm 20! So don't call me a kid."
"367" I said.
Artemis wake up, please, my moon. Artemis? Stay calm.
Artemis turned over toward me.
"What are you talking about?"

What is it my moon? Are you in trouble?

Daniel is in the cabin, I'm distracting him, but I am very exhausted and cannot do much.

"I am 367 years old." I replied.
"Well that doesn't mean you can beat me. You may have been the most powerful Demigod but that is no longer, now there is me."
"I'm not a demigod anymore anyways. Obviously your to arrogant to listen when I talk so let me fill you in." I said my eyes moving to where Artemis was approaching.
"I am Perseus Jackson, guardian of the moon, hunting, and wilderness. I am much more powerful than many gods and demigods. For I share my abilities with my moon, Artemis. As I do with a wolf. At this very moment you are about to get knocked out and wolves are surrounding the cabin. I suggest you leave peacefully or I will have to feed you the my friends outside."

Artemis looked at me. I nodded. She swing and hit Daniel over the head. He slumped onto the floor leaning on my legs. I shook him off and climbed into bed.

Finally I was back asleep.