29» Potter

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Potter

<Tomorrow is ours to win or lose>

<<<>>>

Spirits were high the next day. All students at Hogwarts were buzzing with energy and competition. Thea and Lily were greeted in the morning by the Marauders putting red face paint on themselves and other Gryffindors.

"Come on, Bonneville!" Sirius said, holding up a finger covered in red paint. "Let me paint you!"

"You're the last person I'd trust to draw on my face, Sirius," she said, then gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "At least let me eat breakfast first."

"Too late," he said, then smeared his finger down her cheek.

"Sirius!"

Before she could yell at him, he placed a hand on the back of her head and pulled her into a kiss. Thea felt herself and her annoyance with him melt the moment their lips touched, and she could feel him smiling.

"Uhh."

The two broke apart to see the rest of the Marauders staring at them with a mixture of surprise and excitement and confusion. The rest of the Gryffindors had run giggling out of the common room with paint on their hands and faces.

"Well this is new," Remus said, James snickering beside him.

"Let's get breakfast," Lily said, pulling on James' arm. "You need your energy and strength for today."

She shot Thea a wink as they left the common room and headed to the Great Hall, which was buzzing with energy. The Slytherins and most of the Hufflepuffs booed when they entered with other students from Gryffindors house, while the Gryffindors and most of the Ravenclaws stood up and cheered when they saw James.

They sat down and eagerly ate their breakfasts, James hopping with excitement and nervousness. Sirius put more paint on Thea to even the lines on her face. Everyone was wearing their colors and had brought Gryffindor flags and banners, excited smiles and glares of competition on their faces.

"Don't choke today, Potter," Regulus Black sneered as he waltzed past them. Behind him, his teammates snickered, and their seeker Bridgett Maguire even stole a biscuit from Peter's plate.

"Hey!"

"Piss off, Pettigrew!" she snarled, chucking the biscuit at his head. He cowered, but then spent the rest of breakfast mumbling insults about her.

After a while, the Gryffindor Quidditch team was ushered out of the hall by the captain, leaving behind a loud round of applause and many boos. Shortly after, the Slytherins team left, applause and boos and all. A few of them started heckling the Gryffindors in response to the boos, but quickly left when Remus, Sirius and Thea began to shoot red sparks at them from their wands.

After a while, the Marauders couldn't contain their excitement for the game anymore, and they rushed out of the Great Hall and ran down out of the castle. Many people followed suit, hoping to get good seats in the stands. They made their way to the stands, laughing and shooting red sparks with their wands in the direction of any Slytherin.