Chapter 2: Into the Fantasy

"Lieutenant Alex Mason, thirty years old, single. Graduate from West Point with top scoring within your group. A Navy SEAL, commander in chief of Second Platoon, Seal Team Four. Serial number: 77-847-765. Nickname: Inert Assassin."

"Yes, that me."

"You been awarded for saving the Prime Minister of United Kingdom from terrorist custody, and been recognized for successfully performed a search and rescue operation on our Vice President in Germany during the Russo-American War. And performed many covert operations in the Middle East, they told the legend had save many lives as worth as a company. Not to mention, before your life as a SEAL, you been in command of a USMC infantry platoon for stopping an entire pushed of the Russian force in France and successfully re-coordinate the forces in DC to defeated the Russian during the first phase of the war."

"Yes, that true."

"Beside training, your hobby is... video gaming and enjoying Japanese culture. It was written all right here in this document." My interrogator threw the files in front of me on the metal desks. "And you said... you been to the other world, a fantasy land fill with dragons, elf, dwarfs, fairies, magic, wizardry etc. How is that possible, are you insane, Lt. Mason?!!?"

"Yes, Earthfast, if my memory served me right. If you want to know how I get there. Here the story. But let me remind you, I'm not very good at storytelling, and what I about to tell you is the truth. Not to mention, it kind of fuzzy since they started coming back..."

*Flashback*

It was a fine day in the wood near the camp I stationed, Little Creek Naval Base. The sun is high up, with moderate temperature and radiance from the sun. Ray of light peering through the thick canopy of the wood, illuminating the dust as I kick them up through the air. I was practicing, fully geared from top to bottom in my woodland camouflages combat uniform. All I'm bringing with me was my modified Scar-H and Barrett M-107, H&K Mark 23 as my sidearm, alongside with some grenades and a utility knife. For a training, I packed a heavy punch but it better safe than sorry. Truth to be said, I should had brought along my trainee but she got problem of her own.

It was 1007 when I last checked my watch. But with the slight distraction can cause much of an impact, I slip off from a cliff edge when I was traversing through the rough terrain. As I wake up from my concussion, the scenery doesn't change one bit. It the same kind of tree I'm seeing a while ago... But wait, how long I was out?

I checked my watch, and it show me 1040, so not over half an hour when I last check; so that mean I was unconscious about thirty minutes. I continue with my walks without wondering where I am, this place looks all too familiar to me until I find myself in an opening beyond the tree line. As a far I can see to the horizon, the grassland fills my vision like no other field I ever seen before. At first I thought my direction was wrong because the first thing come to my mind; there weren't supposed to be any green flat plain like this near Johnson Air Base. And to confirm my location, I checked with the compass and it seem like I'm walking in the same direction all the time. One thing really strange when I strain my ears and nose, the place is awfully quiet and... clean. Usually near a military air base, the place would fill with sound of roaring jet engine, and fume of gasoline and oil.

Then something magical happen... A bright flash illuminated the area, blinding me for a second. Coming out of it is a flying goddess, I mean her beauty can even comparable to Goddess of Love, Venus. Not to mention, things I take in consideration is her white dress and practically natural beauty from her face and golden hair. She then landed in front of me, and look up at me with sympathy eye. The situation is so weird that I didn't noticed my jaws is hanging open like a yawning alligator. Then her facial expression flip 180-degrees and she start throwing a punch right up my face.