Chapter 11: City of Death

The atmosphere in the party wasn't particularly the brightest. Back then when we returned back from our hunt, Ignia was very frustrated with how long we took to hunt one Raptor, and she was even annoyed by the fact that we collected a lot of loots without her consult.

Not to mention, she was able to detect Masami dark aurora and threw some very shady holy magic at her, in which the fox girl dodged with ease. After I quickly intervened and dispersed the misunderstanding, Ignia stopped her nonsense attack but still throwing at Masami direction a disgusted look. She said something about a heavenly and demonic being can't ever coexisted together. Something and something about being harmful to everything around her, and a bad omen to basically every living things.

Still, I shrugged it off and we off continued with the journey with Ignia still complaining in the background...

*********************************

"Alright, Masami, let see what you can do with your new power."

She gave me a nod and proceeded down the range to engage a bear. However, not just any bear, it was as huge as a dump truck and nearly the size. Why were we picking a fight with a bear? Well, he was blocking our way and we only wanted the fastest route toward Sinstir.

She rushed right ahead and get the attention from the oblivious bear. It was obvious we were trespassing on it territory, the animal became very enraged and stood up intimidatingly with it two back legs. Next, the bear came crashing down with it two front paws to attack Masami.

Although Masami was as quick as ever, she quickly dodged the attack and immediately get her sword flying toward the bear head. It went straight into it, but the humungous animal still moving rapidly and charging at her again. Out of thin air, dozens of more blades appeared behind her back, and all immediately flew toward the bear with such speed and deadliness.

Uh, why the move almost resembled to Unlimited Blades Work from the Fate series?

It scratched, cut, and stabbed until the strong will animal look more like a oversize porcupine than a grizzly bear. To top it off, Masami even more blood thirsty than usual as she finished it off with her sword infused lightning magic. The thing was practically grind meat after nice barbecue of crackling electricity running through it body.

"But I didn't go all out yet..." she sounded a bit disappointed, which to my surprise because I thought she was going all out, "Oh well, he's only level 50 monster."

"Level 50 monster? What about you Masami?"

"Uh, let me check..." She widen her eyes after taking a quick look at her Guild ID card, "Oh my God! I didn't notice it at all! I'm level 456?!"

"What? Level 456?! How did you get that level so high?!"

She then came over with a sudden realization, "Oh wow, no wonder why it explain how extremely broken I am. This body is my game character that I usually played back in the days, I grind a lot back then, but I have no clue why it carry over to this world."

"Well, another OP individual that my Lord undoubtedly sent to another world. Doesn't this ever end?" Ignia complained.

"There are other case?"

"Well, Momonga is the prime example. What else do you expect? Masami here also another example. You... hmm, maybe a bit broken because you can practically kill anything in long distance without much breaking a sweat."

"Uh, this is bad..." Masami directed her ID at my face, "Apparently, my race is now Demon. Before the transformation, I'm sure it was Lyn. Is this bad?"

"How should I know?"

Ignia began to chuckle, "Demon race is quite an infamous race in this world. They always cheeky, evil, and devilish in my opinion."