Chapter 15: The Death Goddess

It was seven in the morning, and I was already wide awake from six. I prepared everything necessary for the battle ahead such as ammo, grenades, and considerable amount of plastic explosives for the might-be last mission I'm going to do. I assumed that the Princess would open a portal that lead straight to the Devil King front door, so I would expected the heaviest engagement.

No doubt the place would be crawling with demons and monsters that even humanity had no chance of imagining. Yet, I had full confidence our party going to push through the impossible and earn me my ticket home. Inserting the last .308 magazine into my vest pocket, I took one last good look around the room. It maybe the last time I saw this warm and welcoming sight of human civilization before stepping off to Hell, and I just hope all those training and experiences helped me mentally.

What happened last night... I might as well not reveal it to the party since it might affect our performance. Was it a nightmare? A dream? A future? Who cared... as long as those two didn't knew any of these info, we will be in top shape.

I picked up the SCAR, then swung both the backpack and the Barrett over my back, and finally began heading for the doorway.

**********************************

"Mason sure taking his time," I looked over the grumpy Ignia who was making comment on how late the SEAL was, "When he arrive, I'm going to give him a good scolding."

"Do you think he really care about it? Think about it. He is the only one who carry the most firepower in our group. Two rifles, a bunch of explosives, and lots and lots of ammo. He have to take his time preparing."

Ignia began showing a very sassy smile toward me, "Ho... Why are you defending him Masami?"

"I am, so what? I'm just stating out the fact."

"Don't worry," Ulla stepped into our conversation, "In about fifteen minutes, I will start the ritual and open a portal to the Abyssal."

"Now that I think about it, why does it have to be this place specifically in this throne room?"

"Glad you ask," Ulla answered, "Right at this spot is where you find the weakest boundary that separate the world of living and the Abyssal. My technique of ripping this boundary is not really that great, but with it this weak, I can always have a chance of creating this portal."

"Cool, just like traveling through dimension using a Portal Gun on steroid... So, if you could open a portal, what about connecting it to another world?"

Ulla giggled, "Masami, sometime I just couldn't understand your wording. I don't know what do you mean by another world?"

"You know...a different kind of world that is not from this world."

"Hmm... I heard story and legends that there are multiple worlds in the Elysian Fields. I'm sorry but that I don't have that much power and skills to do so. Although, hearing from rumor, I believe the Dunkar sibling can do so. Another method is to collect all seven Lonestones that was scattered across Earthfast."

"Interesting..."

I was too deep in thought about traveling through dimension to notice Mason was walking into the room until he arrived next to me. He always in his usual fatigue, and the signature boonie hat and his sunglasses. This sight always sent shiver down my spine despite looking at it multiple time. Maybe just the aurora of being badass with that getup was what I always wanted.

After greeting the whole group, Mason moved on to the matter at hand, "So, are we ready to go?"

The Princess nodded, "The final preparation is complete. All I need to is perform the ritual."