Chapter 16.5: Gossip

"And that's would be the end?"

I looked at the colonel stupidly and asked her a very rhetorical question ,"Do you think it'll be over right after I went back to Sinstir?"

She sighed annoyingly at me, "I shouldn't have ask that question. Of course it is not finish since you didn't mention those Marines appeared in your fragmented memories... Are you sure they are just some men you met around base?"

"No, ma'am... I am sure they were in Earthfast, and they were indeed tankers who commandeered an Abram. Not to mention, I got further concrete evidence that I'm not hallucinating."

"And what is it?

"I know it dumb to hear this, but... they have a dragon girl with them."

She looked serious at me for a moment then sighed yet again, "After hearing what you been through, a dragon girl isn't something too far fetch. I don't want to even ask what she would look like either."

"Hey, it's a fantasy world. Anything can happen with your wildest imagination since they got magic."

"Alright, alright... What happened after that you dealt with Izanami?"

"Well, I kept my promise and that girl is tagging alongside with us."

"Hmm... I noticed a flaw in your storytelling, but why didn't anything happen to you once you - quote and quote - defeated Izanami?"

"Oh, that did actually happened," I lunged forward quite eagerly and ready to tell her this amazing next part, "Right after we left the throne room, a spotlight suddenly shined on me and a voice came echoing through the entire hallway. It was God, you know, the God, or to put it easier term, he was basically Ignia's boss.

"So, this light came upon me and the voice pointed out that I defeated the Devil King. Good thing he didn't really being pushy on the term defeat since I in fact forced Izanami to surrender. Because I completed the objective, he offered me one wish and he expected me to use that wish to go back to this world..."

"But you didn't cuz you have to kept that promise to the Death Goddess or else she would terrorize the land again... Also, you want to stay with Masami."

"Exactly... Wait, what? Uh, well... I'm not exactly denying it, but I did have feeling for her. Yet, it more of a feeling that I wanted to do everything I could to protect her. To continue seeing that happy and joyous smile of her."

"Hmm... so you look at her like your own daughter? Since that exactly what I felt when I'm with my kid."

I widen my eyes, "Wait, you're married?"

"So?" Anderson looked at me disturbingly, "It's not really a secret since some knuckleheads released my personal data onto the billboard in the mess hall."

Knowing that I'm passing into a point where we couldn't continued the conversation, I quickly switch the topic, "Regardless, shouldn't we continue?"

"Wait, quick question. Following your story right now, you now have two little girls within your party. One is fell head over heel for you, and the other one took interested in you. Isn't that something you should be alarm about since... you know the law and stuff?"

"Huh..." I crossed my arms and started to recall, "Now that you talk about it, that kind of stuff never came crossed my mind. Although I had one or two dirty thoughts, but I swore I didn't do any perverted things to them. You can rest assure that the law in that world is totally different from our, but that doesn't make me to completely disregard our own common sense."