Chapter 5: Sunnyside Alterea

That went rather well than I expected... For most of the conversation yesterday I was a bit worried and might screwed up somewhere with the introduction, but it turned out nothing I thought it would has come out. I lied sometime in my past, but the lies I came up with was like past memory I had in my brain. It was like every words told yesterday was memory taken from Masami.

Interesting...

Anyway, I should keep a close look out of this Mason guy. Even though he's look somewhat friendly, he was doubting my presence despite the fact I'm currently in their party. He' was after my tail, and I should be careful not to reveal too much information regarding anything about Earth.

No wonder why they call these people Special Forces. I had my doubt, but he's definitely a Navy SEAL, judging by the prominent US flag on his sleeve and the eagle, trident, anchor, and pistol insignia. I was kind of bummed out that he already got an another party member, especially a female companion... Wait, wait, wait, hold on. Why I'm stressing over the small details of him having another female companion?

Eh, whatever... I should get a move on and meet them at the gate this morning.

Grabbing my Jian and strapped to my back, I took the unusual exit of leaving through the window. Also, not a bad chance of testing out the body durability... I landed perfectly on the street after spinning myself rapidly mid-air like a wheel. Everyone else was surprise, and whispering but I ignored them and headed for the meeting point.

"You guys are up early?"

The couple was already by the eastern gate by the time I arrived. The sun wasn't even high up in the sky, but they standing there like they been jogging around town for an hour. Mason was fulled of energy, and he already hid his face with his tactical sunglasses. On this guy shoulder was all sort of baggage from camping equipment to weapons to personal hygiene. I just got this feeling of tiresome on my shoulder just from looking at him. No wonder why they these people SF, since they trained their body both mentally and physically.

Although Ignia face wasn't that excited, she was half asleep. Her eyes kept shutting and opening, and sometime drifting off into a sleep while standing. A bit curious, I asked Mason who was still hasn't greeted me, "Mason, what's wrong with Ignia?"

"Her?" He pointed at the goddess as she slowly pumped her head against his shoulder and used it as a pillow, "It pretty obvious she isn't a morning person. Good thing to see you up and running."

"I usually woke up early to hunt in the woods." I blurted out the fact even though it was not my memory. And there it was again, it triggered some kind of memory from Masami's past.

"You're okay?"

I was applying some pressure on my head and furrowing my brows, so that maybe the reason why Mason showed his concerned. I reassured him with a comforting smile, "No, it's nothing. It just morning headache. Shall we get going?"

"Hold on..." We both look back at Ignia who called out to us, "We need to decide who's going to be lead this party? Since I'm a goddess and all, I should be doing all the leadership work."

Really? What is wrong with this girl? She just kept pumping her self-ego, even though judging by her voice and acting, I guesses she as useless as a kid. I looked over at Mason for help, and he did gave his opinion, "She isn't wrong. And I'm not that against of her doing the commanding." He then bend down and whispered next to my ear, "Don't worry, she will be begging for me to switch later on down the journey. Let say... after an encounter with our first hostile target."

"Hey, hey, are you two talking bad about me behind my back?!" Ignia pouted angrily at us. She looked somewhat cute in my opinion, and I just giggled to take off the heat.