Chapter 17: My Rival

Things did get really awkward once we went back to Sinstir through the portal.

After traversing into the throne room, all the occupants waiting for us were both astonished by our successful mission and the size of our party was increased by one member. They were also shocked to see that person was a demon. Although I knew Izanami was a Death Goddess, but that demon horn on her head was a dead giveaway and might alarmed the people around her.

Somehow, I managed to convince them that she was the Devil King's daughter. Something and something happened, and I had to take responsibility of taking care of her. It was the lie I can best came up and with Ignia acting as witnesses, we managed to convince them barely.

"Is Masami going to be alright?" Princess Ulla suddenly asked me as she stared worriedly at the foxgirl who been having a very fun piggyback ride behind me, "She looked like she fought a lot."

I looked behind me and Masami's sleepy face. For all we knew, she just need a nice rest to recuperate from that initial shock of losing that Demonic Power.

"She's going to be fine... All she need is a warm bed and 8 hours of sleep."

"Oh! In that case, since it already dark outside, why won't you guys stay here rather than going back to the inn? Your party are still considered guest of this palace after all."

"Yes, please!" Ignia answered abruptly, "Nice and warm bed, here I come!"

There should be celebration of our victory of defeating the Devil King, but we barely had enough strength to lift our eye lids opened. All that complaining would be from the girls though; however, that stabbed back then was scary enough to give me PTSD but I digressed and moved on. Maybe it was the reason why I need a rest too because my body was just keep recalling and stressing over the fact that was the worst wound I received yet.

Before going, Ulla informed us she would be holding dinner in a couples of hours. Upon hearing the word food, most of our stomach growl viciously and it was obvious we still need something to put it at ease. Of course, we couldn't turned such an offer.

Giving farewell to Ulla, George/Pox, and Zubreska, the party retreated to our designated guest rooms. Of course, I need to drop Masami at the girl place but once I left the room, I noticed a figure started following me back to my quarter. She was making it very obvious since the girl was literally walking behind me.

"What are you doing Izanami?"

I turned around to see the childish Death Goddess making an untruthful innocent face. She answered, "I don't like staying with that useless Ignia."

"Still, you are a girl. It's not normal for a girl to come with a man like me, alone, into a room. And -"

"What is not normal?" She cut me in continuing to pester me with her innocent talking. I knew better that she just wanted to stay by my side for the sake of interesting events.

"How about I get you another room to stay in?"

"No," she answered hastily, "I like to be with you for a while. You seemed to be a very interesting individual. Your speech pattern, your action, your equipment, and just your natural way of acting very much indulge me."

I completely forgot that this world has different way of living and common sense. As long as she felt comfortable staying near me, I wouldn't minded the company. I am, after all, an easy-going fellow, and I was not really felt intimidated by her presence.

"You should know that I'm come from another world," I turned back and started heading toward my guest room, "Anyway, feel free to do anything in the room beside annoying the crap out of me."