Chapter 14: Calm Before the Storm

The plan of defeating the Devil King was already fucked up from the moment I realized Masami has taken the job upon herself and accepted to raise the baby. At that moment, I was bit baffled of the event, but after it was finally sank into me, I came to a sudden realization that having the baby would only hindered our mission.

For now, Ulla offered us to a place to stay in the palace and formulate a new plan, since the ritual could put on hold till tomorrow morning. It was nice of her, and the girls were very delighted when they heard they could live like a royal. I didn't bothered by the offering either, and the majority of the votes had been decided already.

However, there was something I like to discuss with the rest of the party and so we were all gathered into my room.

"So, let's get this meeting starting," I looked around to eye at Masami with Celia and Ignia, "I was ready to fight the Devil King, but I wasn't ready to fight it with a baby by our side. I was tempted of idea of just going into the Abyssal with our current state, but looking closely, we weren't even ready since our minds were still fazed by this unforeseen situation."

"So, are you blaming this on the baby?"

"No, not at all," I replied, "It just how it is, an unexpected turn of event can happen in this fantasy world as much as back in our world. As a matter of fact, I been trained to expect this kind of bizarre stuff but not specifically which one. Still, I used to these type of scenario and push forward toward the objective without a second thought. On the other hand, you guys are a different story."

"So what?" Ignia complained, "I know I'm not a trained soldier like you."

"That's why we are having this meeting and delay in our flight to Hell," I stated sarcastically, "Now, what are you guys opinion on Celia? Ignia, we'll start with you first."

She bobbled left to right for a moment before giving me a straight answer, "Well, she is a baby after all, so we have to do a lot of things to take care of her. I don't mind doing it though since I got some experience back in Heaven. Heck, the jobs maybe even better than fighting in the front line."

I nodded at her answer, and a good one at that too. Next, I turned to Masami who was dotting on the sleeping baby, "Masami, you thought?"

"Huh? Hmm.... I think she's cute."

I shook my head and showed a disappointing expression, "I'm not talking about Celia appearance. What is your opinion on Celia? Will it going to impact how you going to work from now on? And something like to a more extent?"

"Nah, it's not going to affect me that much. Well, I don't know how to raise a child in the first place, let alone a baby. I was only 20 years old back at my world."

"20 years old? You are a college student?"

"Yeah, about to finish it too and I was thinking about joining the Marines."

"Huh, tough luck I guess. The Marines need hardcore woman like you, especially the type of branch that more favor in men."

"Yeah, yeah, they do need woman like me..." For some reason, Masami sounded depressed. Did I offended her?

"Alright, enough talk Mr. Super Solider," Ignia suddenly grabbed my attention, "Can we get on with the meeting so that I can go back to my room?"

"What's the hurry? Are you late for a bath or something?" I chuckled and joked about it, but then I noticed she was serious about taking a bath. I cleared my throat to continue, "Anyway, I like to propose our next course of action."

"And why should you consult your plan with us?"

"You guys are in my squad - I mean, party - it is mandatory for every individual in it to know what will happen and how to execute it. For now... you guys should stay here and live a good life. I will deal with the Devil King myself."