Chapter 14.5: The Past is Clear Now

My throat was all dried up from all the talking constantly, and I requested politely something to drink from Colonel Anderson, "Uh, could you guys at least give me a bottle of water?"

She shook her head and walked toward the door intercom, "Bring him something to drink," then she went back to sit down opposite and stared down at me coldly, "I got to admit, Lieutenant. Your story doesn't sounded that bad at all, why won't you become a writer later on? Maybe write about your adventure?"

"Can we not sidetrack and focus more on the main problem here? Will the Pentagon be inform of the intel I provided?"

She flicked her tongue and looked at the original report I prepared some days ago, "I don't know. It is very ridiculous in the first place, and will become a laughing stock in the DoD. How sure are you with this info you provided? I'm not even sure your whole story you telling right now would be even true."

"Of course it is! Did you think I made up all of those from scratch?" I stood up angrily and slammed my hands on the desk, "It is very crazy theory, but I was never wrong. I was there, so I know what will happen. Those dominating empires and people in Earthfast going to invade us!"

"Ha..." Colonel Anderson sighed, "Luckily for you, while you were telling your story, I ordered someone from the intelligence to search for this Jason Turner you spoken about. He is real, and currently buried three feet underground."

She pulled out a document from her bags and handed it over to me. Looking over it, I was very baffled. It contained every personal details about Jason Turner, he lived in Dallas and was a 20 years old boy who about to finish college. He even registered some of the services regarding joining the Marine, and even got himself recruited.

"I was playing with you, Lieutenant," the Colonel continued, "From the moment the name Jason Turner appeared from the computer, I knew you were telling the truth. I also believed your theory going to be true too and I would like to convince myself to do so, but where and how are they going to invade us?"

"That's... a good question. I never thought about it," I looked at her stupidly, "The only thing I knew what happened to me before waking up in that sick bay was a bright flash and my left arm blowing right off."

"Then... if that happened, could you start telling your story from the moment before that bright flash?" Colonel Anderson raised an eyebrow at me, "You could just get straight the point rather than telling all those events involving the Devil King."

"I could but... all those memories are fragmented and scattered. I can not piece them together unless I go with the chronological order of my past. Do you expect me to sit around all day and tell the story? I'm just like you Colonel, I wouldn't want to be here in the first place but by telling this story is the only way of knowing what will happen in the end."

Colonel Anderson squinted and massaged her forehead frustratingly. She then gave out a tiring sigh before continuing with the conversation, "You know you could request another personal to listen or just write it down, but... I am interested in your other world adventure. So, let's continue."

A knocking could be heard from the doorway and Anderson made her way toward it to receive a couples of water bottles. She took one herself and gave one for me, and I took one nice sip before the room went back to it unusual quietness. It was at that moment, there was this jolted of memories happened inside my brain that prompted me to remember this specifically.

It appeared Anderson also noticed the sudden change in my expression, "What? Did you forgot something?"

"I remembered something, Colonel... It might prove useful for determining whether my story is real or not."

"And...?"

I was practically shaken when saw this fragment, "I met the Marines in Earthfast. They were... commanding an Abram.  I know it is stupid, but please do bare with me at the moment."