Chapter 10: My Other Self

It was such a breeze when we had some sort of transportation. The best thing that the fantasy world could offered would be obviously horses, and we did in fact bought two of them for a very cheap price back at Carne Village. In two days, we covered a fair amount of distances that could possibly taken us a week on foot to finish.

Of course, there was a bit of getting used to, but there was no helping it when I'm in a small body. As a result, I had a hard time climbing onto them (jumping onto it back was easy though) and hardly hang onto the saddle for at least 10 seconds. On the other hand, Mason was a quick learner even though it was his first time. Ignia was catastrophic when riding one, but her stubbornness managed to get her to able to push through and controlled it.

We would preferred having a car, but those kind of luxuries doesn't exist. Unless there will be another isekai situation like Momonga where a car would suddenly appear out of nowhere. Well, just because of the constant shaking and sound of the horse galloping against the dusty road made me kind of irritated.

Anyway, it was the reason why we only bought two of them, and I'm taking advantage of the situation since I would be sitting right behind Mason. In which a situation I was glad to happen.

There was no denying it any further. I fully came to a conclusion that I'm officially turning into... a girl. I already lost my manhood the moment I found myself pissing on the first day using a female genital for God sake! I kept denying it but it was the truth. I even complimenting myself that I look adorable and taking real interest in cute stuff! I even had feeling for Mason out of all people!

Maybe it was the result of the body chemical affecting how I think and act; also, I doubting this would happen, but I wouldn't eliminate the possibilities of Masami personality has something to do with it too. It felt like both of our soul was emerging into one.

Hey, it's not homo if I'm a girl...right?

"Hey Masami, what with the long face?" I snapped out of thought upon hearing Mason voice. Apparently, he already noticed my troubling expression.

"Oh no, it's nothing." I presented a fake reassuring smile, "I was just thinking... about stuff."

"Uh huh... I know you worrying about your condition and the livelihood of the party, so stop that kind of thought. Like I told you, I promise to find a cure for you sooner or later."

Ignoring his compliments, I had one question that been bothering me, " ... I thought this for awhile."

"What is it?"

"Why are you being so nice to me? Going through all the troubles to help a stranger like me? You know I couldn't repay this once you done helping me."

Mason face forward again and pondered about it for awhile, then gave me a heartwarming and unexpected answer, "Because I'm a selfish and heartless bastard... Okay, joke aside, I guess it is in my nature. At one point, I started helping out people without knowing it. You are pretty much the same case. And what stranger we are talking about? We are friend, right?"

"Y - yeah..." I answered weakly.

"Anyway, I help a lot of civvies in some of my ops. My men even called me Mr. Nice Guy for very obvious reason since I always placed the live of a civilian before mission. You are lucky because most of my guys would just outright ignore them and domed them in the head, or even ignore their presence and look at them with disgust."

"Why is that?"

"Because they were carrying explosive and suiciding at us, firing back at us, tricking us while acting as a harmless civilian... That's not even half the problem we were dealing with." Mason answered bluntly. I thought it was a joke at first, but it actually not now that I thought about it. As as result, there was this awkward silence hanging in the air.