The First Job Offer

YOUR P.O.V.

Since that stamp was first pressed onto my skin, signifying my new place in Fairy Tail, I'd felt more alive than I had in years. I was finally free and able to be myself. But as time passed and I watched my guild members go on job after job, Fairy Tail felt more like a prison. I wasn't allowed to go on any missions since I was in Phantom Lord for years. That meant that Master Makarov didn't trust me. At least, not alone. On another boring day of training in the guild hall, I decided to ask. I left Gray, who was helping me, and approached the bar. Mirajane was mixing drinks for Cana and Master Makarov was sitting on the bar, meditating. I gently tapped his shoulder. "Master Makarov?" He opened one eye to look at me.

"Yes, Y/N?" I took a deep breath.

"Why does everyone but me get to go on jobs and missions? I'm always stuck training. I know that I need to get better and that you probably don't trust me, but you could send others with me. I can prove that I'm trustworthy." The guild master opened his other eye and turned to face me completely.

"I do trust you. It's not that I don't. I'm just scared of what would happen if you were in a fight and your powers malfunctioned. You haven't had half as much time to master them as the others in Fairy Tail have. I want you to be sure of your powers and yourself before you take on a job." I sighed.

"But I am sure. I know I'm ready. Please? Just give me a chance. If I mess up, I'll do whatever you want. All I ask is a chance." Master Makarov nodded.

"Alright. One chance. And I'm putting other guild members with you, just in case." I smiled.

"Thank you!!!!" The master sighed.

"You're welcome. You'll be working with one of my strongest and most trusted guild members. Erza Scarlet." I gulped and turned to look at the beautiful redhead talking to Natsu. I was going to be working with her. Alone. With my emotions affecting my powers. Yeah. I'd be stuck training forever.