Safety

*YOUR POV*

     I paced back and forth nervously outside the infirmary. Mira had told me to stay out until she could help Erza, but I was still itching to go in. I just wanted to make sure my girlfriend was ok. Sadly, the healing process was intense and required no interruptions, so I couldn't just walk in now. The door opened and Mirajane stepped out. Before she could even open her mouth, I was asking questions. "How is she? Is she going to be ok? Can I see her yet?"
     "She's fine, yes she'll be ok, and yes you can go see her." In less than a second, I was in the room with Erza. I sat next to her bed.
     "Hey, Erz. How are you feeling?" She smiled at me, a soft smile that made my head spin and my heart skip.
     "Honestly? A lot better now, but still pretty terrible. I don't remember much. I just know that I got stabbed by Jellal and then I woke up here. What happened?" I sighed.
     "I happened. Jellal is dead. I saw him stabbing you and I killed him without a second thought. Then I carried you back here. My love for you healed you partially, enough to keep you in one piece and alive until we got here. Mira has been finishing healing you since while I've been anxiously waiting outside." Erza just blinked at me, taking in everything.
     "Jellal. Is dead?" I nodded slowly. Erza pushed herself up and kissed me suddenly. I froze, caught off guard, as she pulled back and laid down again.
     "What was that for?"
     "A thank you. For saving me and guaranteeing my safety. Again. That was really the only way I could think of to thank you." I grinned.
     "I loved it, but there's no reason to thank me. After all, you're my safety too." Her brow furrowed.
     "From?" I hesitated before giving the honest answer.
     "Myself."