Chapter 1: Welcome To Death Row

1992

Things are different for me now, completely different.

I sped down the street in new black BMW with tinted black windows, damn right I got a brand new car, heading to the studio and no it ain't Ruthless. I'm talking about Death Row Records. Every since I left Ruthless a lot has changed, in a good way. I stared at the road ahead through my locs as I whipped my shit into the parking lot. Before stepping out my car I checked my reflection in my rear view mirror, my shit was poppin'. My hair was braided with two french braids long to the middle of my back, I wore a flannel gray crop top with a white long sleeve shirt underneath, black jeans, and black converse high tops.

"You made it," Dre remarked standing outside the door.

"Of course I did," I said. "We still starting my solo album today right?"

"Yeah."

"Good cause I got rhymes that I need to spit." We entered the building.

"What's up Suge," I greeted as me and Dre entered to recording studio.

"Hey its my two favorite artists," Suge said smoking a cigar.

Dre's song for this movie played in the background. Its called Deep Cover, I'm in on it too.

"Suge I got this friend of mine coming in soon," Dre said. "Just thought I should let you know."

"Is it who I think it is?" I beamed curiously.

"Yep."

"He agreed? That's good." I was so excited.

Suddenly the door opened and in came two guys. One was Dre's step brother, he was a rapper by the name of Warren G. The other was a friend of Warren's, I met him before and homeboy can spit some shit.

"Sup Dre," he said. "Sup T."

"Wassup man," I dapped him.

"Aye homeboy," Dre said.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute," Suge interrupted. "Who the fuck is this?"

"I'm Snoop D-O double G," Snoop Dogg answered. "Who you?"

"What?" Suge boomed getting ready to beat his ass.

"Hold up Suge," Dre exclaimed as me and him got between them.

"He's with us," I defended.

"So what y'all working on?" Snoop asked.

"A song for a movie," Dre said.

"I wrote some more lyrics for the second verse," I added showing them the notebook.

"I like this shit." He flipped to the next page. "What's this?"

"The lyrics for the song for your new Chronic album."

"The diss track?"

"Yep. Verse one is right there."

"Aight then. Ready to get started?"