Chapter 16: Come Back

Music played in the background as I laid on the couch with the sun shining in my face. I had my locs on with a 40 in my hand. The one thing that was on my mind was her. I've been at Ruthless all day just thinking. Every since I woke up this morning I wish I hadn't, she was there and then she wasn't, she left. My brain flashed images of her beautiful face, the good times we had together. She hates me now, she wants nothing to do with me. She will hate me forever.

"So what do think Eric?" Yella asked.

"Think of what?" I asked motionlessly.

"This track. Are you even listening?"

"Yeah man," Ren said. "What's up with you?"

I groaned then left the room heading to my office. They followed me walking behind me into my office.

"E what's going on?" Ren questioned.

"Where's T?" Yella asked.

I sighed. "She's gone."

"Gone?"

"Yeah."

"Where is she?" Ren asked.

"I don't know."

"E what happened between you two?"

Dina busted in through the door. "Eazy, where's Tamera? What did you do to her?"

"I-"

Cube then busted in the door too. "Eazy, where's Tamera? What did you do to her?" He questioned.

"What makes y'all think I did something to her?"

"I've been trying to call her all day and she hasn't answered her phone."

"I've been paging her too," Dina added.

"She left me. Alright? I woke up this morning and she was gone! She's never coming back to me! I fucked up again!" I sighed sitting in my chair with my head down.

"Eazy-" Ren started.

"Don't, okay? Cause unless you can get the only woman I've ever loved back, I don't want to hear it."

"Come on E, Tamera loves you," Cube said. "I know she does."

"I'm gonna try to call her again," Dina said. "I'll put it on speaker too."

She dialed her number.

"Hello?" We heard Tamera's voice say.

"T? Oh my God, where the hell are you?"

"Relax, I'm in New York."

"New York? T don't tell me you're going there to sign with Interscope."

"No, I'm just looking at the place. I probably should anyway since I won't be working at Ruthless anymore."

What?

"What are you talking about?"

"Its not gonna work with Eric and me. I just can't anymore."

"Tamera whatever happened means nothing. You have to come back. Eric loves you."

"No he doesn't. I don't want to be someone I love who doesn't love me."

My heart dropped.

"Tamera, Eric does love you," Yella said jumping into the conversation. "He's miserable without you."

"He's happy I'm gone."

"That's not true. He's been upset all day and drinking. He needs you T."

"I can't. Guys, he made me feel so weak. I went soft."