Chapter 24: Eric's Baby

Eric's birthday was today and we went out doing what he wanted with some of our friends. We stopped by his parents house so they could give him his gift and his mom made him cake. At the restaurant we went to as a group everyone was drinking alcohol, except for me. I planned a little surprise for Eric once we were alone together. 

We got in the house and Eric was just full of energy and pumped up, he looked good to be turning 32.

"Ah this was a good day," Eric said putting his jacket in the closet. "Thank you baby." He kissed my cheek. I didn't say anything, but gaze into his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I replied shaking my head. "Come here, I need to tell you something." I led him over to the couch and sat down with him.

"What's up baby? Are you okay?"

"Eric I'm fine." I started fidgeting with my fingers. "Um, you know I've been a little sick and craving chocolate and all those other foods and I know why." I reached under the couch and grabbed a little black box with a white bow on top of it then handed it to him. He opened it and held the pregnancy test in his hand. He looked at me. "I'm pregnant."

"A-Are you s-serious?" He asked.

"Are you not holding a pregnancy test in your hand?"

He chuckled then set the test down on the coffee table. "Aw T, you having my baby." He wrapped me in a hug tightly, I hugged him back. Seeing him happy about this made my chest feel a little lighter, but still some guilt.

"Are you happy?"

"I'm very happy. We having a baby." He kissed my cheek. 

"Aw, happy birthday."

"Thank you." I kissed him deeply on his lips. "So does this mean no birthday sex?"

"Eric I ain't fat yet we can fuck all we want." I pulled him upstairs and we made love. He was being very careful though, now that he knows I got his little human inside me.

Eric

I have been in such a great mood every since yesterday when Tamera told me the news. I knew it was gonna happen sooner or later, I mean my boys can swim. Plus I want us to have a baby, give her a part of me. After all she is my wife now. But in the back of my head I could sense something wasn't right with her.

"E man you alright?" Yella asked. We were in the studio producing this album for one of my other artists.

"Yeah I'm aight."

"Something on your mind man?"

"Um kinda. Tamera's pregnant."

"Oh shit congrats E. She alright about this?"

"I guess. Why wouldn't she be?"

"Come on she told us about her last baby. She was ready to get an abortion before that car accident."

"I know and I think she not happy this one either. She's still a little young and the rap game is so important to her and she just started working on producing movies. A baby is gonna put a hold on that. I don't want her to feel like she's missing out or being miserable."

"So what are you saying? If she wants to, you'd be okay with her getting rid of it?"

I shrugged. "If that's what she wants, I want her to be happy." 

Even if it means getting rid of my future baby.

Tamera

I spaced off in my own little world. Instead of listening to Dina I was thinking about the baby. The thing is, I'm worried. I'm worried about Eric and myself and this kid.