Chapter 7: Hear Me Out

February 1995

My coughs are getting worse, I was in the studio hacking like a cancer patient in a cigarette commercial. I stepped out into the hallway to get it out of my system. I inhaled and exhaled trying to get my breathing under control. After I felt like I could breathe on my own I went back into the recording room.

"Eric you alright man?" Yella asked.

"I'm good," I said.

"That asthma kicking your ass man."

"Its nothing. We just need to finish this album on time."

Lately I've been working on a new album called Str8 Off Tha Streetz Of Muthaphukkin Compton. Its supposed to be a double album, but I'm nowhere near finished with it. Yella made this new track with a slick ass beat. Only problem is I don't have any lyrics for it.

"So when are we gonna kick this N.W.A get together off?"

"Soon, I just got a lot on my plate." I started coughing again.

"Eric go see a doctor."

"I don't need a doctor. Just my inhaler."

"What's up y'all?" Ren said entering the room.

"Hey Ren," I said breathlessly.

"Eazy you good man?"

"Huh?"

"I asked if you were okay."

"I'm fine."

"You sure?" Yella asked. You're sweating, a lot."

"I'm good!" I got up to get some fresh air. As soon as I reached for the door my vision started getting blurry and my heart started racing. I tried to touch the door knob, but my fingers wouldn't move. I felt sick and weak.

"Eric...." I heard voices say. I fainted.

Tamera

I walked down the hallway of the hospital at Cedar's Medical Center. Yella called and told me what happened to Eric, so I decided to go see him. We are friends again, I wanted to make sure he was okay.

I saw a door open and saw his girlfriend Tomica walking out with tears in her eyes.

"Tomica," I said. "What's wrong?"

"He wants to see you," she sniffed.

I entered his room seeing him laid up in a hospital bed looking out the window.

"Eric?"

He turned his gaze towards me. "Tamera, hey," he smiled.

"Are you okay? I saw Tomica crying." I sat in a chair next to him.

"I'm fine. Its just my asthma, the medication I use isn't working no more. I need something stronger."

"Oh good. I was worried."

"Aye you don't need to worry about me."

"So why was Tomica crying if you're okay?"

"I broke up with her."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I can't be with her. Not when I'm ready to be with someone else."

"Ooh, who's the new girl?"

"You know her already."

"I do?"

He grabbed my hand and held it in his.

"I still have feelings for you Tamera, I know I hurt you badly back in '91 and I regret it so much."

"Eric... what cha doing?" I panicked. My body tensed and I gulped.