Chapter 6: Seeing You Again

Eric

Since I'm up here in New York working on this deal with Sony I decided to go out before I went back to LA. I brought Bone Thugs with me since they basically go everywhere with me. I entered the club and was walking around nodding my head at people who were saying what's up to me. I looked across the room and noticed Cube sitting at a table with a group of niggas. I decided to approach him.

"Yo, Cube," I said walking up to him. Then two body guards tried to block me. "Aye yo Cube listen man, I just heard you was over here."

"Let him through," Cube said. He stood up face to face with me. "Yeah I'm here, what you need?"

"Everybody can calm the fuck down from the looks of it." I noticed people surrounding us. "I was just in the neighborhood and here with Bone Thugs and just wanted to say what's up man."

"What's up?"

"I saw Boyz N The Hood, it was good."

"You ain't called that shit an after school special?"

"I like after school specials Cube, you know that."

We stared at each other for several seconds until we both started laughing.

"What's up man?" We dapped. "How you been?"

"Man, I'm good. Its good to see you right now."

"Yeah same here."

We sat at a table and was talking for like an hour. Its been so fucking long since we talked.

"How you go from selling rocks in the dope house to having lunch in the White House with the president?" Cube chuckled.

"They still trying to figure that shit out," I laughed. "But hey, all publicity...."

"Is good publicity," we both finished.

"But look man, I wish that bull shit between us never happened between us."

"We shouldn't have been dissing each other in the first place. Making the fans choose between us, that wasn't cool."

"Did you ever think we be that big though?"

"Hell no. I was just talking to my wife Kim about that, about how it was in the beginning. We just wanted to do music for the neighborhood, be ghetto stars."

"But what if we had the chance to find out how big we can really be?"

"Oh man you got my mind working."

"I be thinking about that shit all the time. How we changed the world. If we could take that shit back to 89."

"I know. It was a simpler time back then. I've had days where I wish we were still getting arrested back in Detroit."

"Yeah, I want to get N.W.A back together. All of us."

"If we gonna do this, we gotta do it right. If Dre wit it I'm wit it. If T wit it, I'm wit it. I don't know what your relationship like with them, especially T. And if we gonna do this, Jerry gotta go."

"I already fired him. Y'all were right."

"Good. But you gotta get Dre and T on this."

"I figured you say that." I sighed. "Talking to Dre should be easy, but T?"

"I know y'all really ain't on good terms but the beef needs to stop. You need to call a cease fire."

"Even if I tried I know she's still mad at me."

"She's over it man. She doesn't even talk about you no more."

"Really?"

"Yeah, we were on set for a music video to our song Natural Born Killaz and I mentioned you. She didn't care."