Chapter 8: Back At Ruthless

March

Our car ride was silent, no words were exchanged from us. I did notice that Eric would glance at me a few times, I felt his hand slide onto my thigh but I moved it away. I could tell he wanted to say something to me. Tonight was our third date and he was driving me back to my house, my huge ass mansion. Eric pulled up in the driveway.

"I had fun tonight," I stated.

"Me too," he gave a small smile.

No we aren't a couple. I haven't decided what I want to do, so what I'm doing is testing if I want to be with Eric. He seems different and in a good way.

I got out the car and he followed behind me to my door.

"So what do you want to do for our next date?" He asked.

"I don't know," I chuckled. "You pick."

"Okay."

He rubbed my bottom lip with his thumb and leaned in for a kiss. I pulled away from him though. There's no intimate contact between us, not even hand holding.

"Goodnight," I said walking into my house.

"Wait, are you still coming with me to Ruthless?"

"Mhm, I'll meet you there." I closed the door and sighed. "What am I doing?"

--

The next day I got dressed in black ripped jeans, black leather jacket, and Nike high tops. I wore my hair down since I knew that's how Eric liked my hair, I was right since he complimented on it when we met at Ruthless.

"So is it completely different like remodeling and all that?" I asked.

"Nah just some new artists, records on the wall," Eric said.

I can barely remember that last time I walked through these doors, the doors of Ruthless Records.

"Yella and Ren are here right?"

"Yella is here everyday. Ren might be."

"I ain't seen them in a while."

Eric basically walked me around the place showing me all the new stuff. Some people that worked here from when I was signed here said "hello" to me. I thought about what Eric said about coming back to Ruthless. I haven't made up my mind yet so I'm just looking at the place before I do. We've been walking around for while, Eric showed me some of his new artists.

"Who's in here?" I asked stopping by a door.

"Oh that's where Bone Thugs records there stuff."

"Are they here now?"

"No, but they will be tomorrow."

"I love these niggas."

"For real?"

"Yeah that Creepin On Ah Come Up album is hella dope. And you rapping Foe Tha Love Of $, you were fucking dope."

"Thanks. Does this mean you coming back?"

I bit my lip thinking about it. "I don't know."

"How about I get you the papers, give you some time to read the contracts and then you can make your decision."

"Um, okay."

"Aight, I'll be right back."

He left me standing there in the hallway waiting for him.

"Oh hell no," I heard a familiar voice say. "T?"

I turned my head in the direction of Ren and Yella.

"That ain't her," Yella said.