Chapter 9: Don't Say It

"So he's taking you to meet his family?" Dina asked me over the phone.

"No," I said. "I met his family years ago before there was even N.W.A and we would all meet in his parents garage working on songs and shit."

"Oh. How do you think they're gonna react when they see you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like how you think his parents gonna react towards you since you are is ex?"

"They seemed to like me back then."

"What about his siblings?"

"We cool."

"Even after all the beef?"

"Shit, who knows?"

"Did I make you nervous?"

"No. I'll be fine."

"Okay."

"I gotta go I told him I'd would meet him at his house."

"Alright, let me know how it goes."

"Bet. Bye Dina."

I hung up the phone and finished getting dressed in a white V-neck shirt, black knee length leggings, a blue denim jacket with black sleeves and a black hood, and black Adidas. I tied my hair in a pony tail, slipped on my LA baseball cap,  and left the house.

--

"Did you ever tell your family about us?" I asked Eric in the car.

"Yeah," he answered. "Didn't you tell your brothers?"

"Yep."

I met up with Eric at his place and then he drove both of us out here into Compton. The image of the house he used to live in was a blurred memory. As soon as we turned another corner and stopped in front of this one little house the memory was restored. The place where Eric grew up.

"You look nervous," he stated as we walked up to the door.

"I'm not," I insisted. "Why, are you nervous?"

"No. Why should I be nervous?"

"Because you are bringing your ex-girlfriend to eat dinner with your family."

"I kinda sort of told them we got back together," he mumbled nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"You what?" I questioned him angrily.

"Tamera don't get mad."

"Eric-"

"Oh good you're here," said a voice. I turned my head to see Eric's mother standing in the doorway. She had a big smile on her face. "My baby boy!" She hugged Eric.

"Hi momma," Eric said hugging her.

"Oh my goodness Tamera," she said smiling. "You look so beautiful. Thank you for coming." She hugged me.

"Good to see you again Mrs. Wright."

"Come in, both of you."

"Hey little bro," Patrica, Eric's sister, greeted. 

"Hey Trish," he said. "Where's dad?"

"In the back," Kathie answered.

"Daddy!" Little voices squealed with excitement.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight of Eric's kids were here. The total number is ten with one on the way. All of them ran to their father hugging and holding onto him. The fact that I was dating a man with almost eleven children made me wanna faint.