Chapter 19: Bachelor/Bachelorette Party

August 1996

"You all packed?" Eric asked standing in the doorway of our bedroom.

"Mhm," I answered. "Are you?"

"My stuff is downstairs."

"Okay. So are you gonna tell me where we going for our honeymoon?"

"I already told you that's a surprise." He approached me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"But still, I wanna know."

"You'll know tomorrow, after we say 'I do.'"

"Mm that's gonna be a while though."

"No it ain't."

"T and Eric let's go!" Dina yelled. We shook our heads.

"So are there going to be strippers at this bachelor party?" I questioned.

He chuckled. "I told the boys not to get one. If I wanna see a woman dance naked for me I'll call on you."

"Um, thanks. I bet Yella cried though."

"He did. What about you though? Any male strippers?"

"No, even though Dina begged me."

"Come on you two!" Ren yelled.

"See you at the alter," I cooed.

Eric gave me a long deep kiss then whispered "I love you." I grabbed my bags and headed downstairs. Eric and I are heading our separate ways for tomorrow, his bachelor party and my bachelorette party are tonight. In the morning we both get up early and start getting ready for the wedding. 

Michel'le, Dina, Kimberly, and Patricia were my bridesmaids and ready to capture my for the night. I picked Kim to be my maid of honor, I was really close with her and Cube and I don't have a lot of girlfriends. Eric let Yella be his best man. The girls rushed me out the door and into a car. I wasn't sure where the boys would be, but Dina planned for us to stay in the Beverly Hills Hotel since the wedding would take place there in the Crystal Ballroom and Garden. We arrived and got set up in one luxury suite.

"Oh this place is tight," Michel'le said.

"Damn Dina, thanks," I gawked. 

"Yeah no problem," she replied.

"Ooh, look at all the liquor ladies," Patricia said digging in the refrigerator in the kitchen.

"Oh that's my party right there," I said grabbing a bottle of red wine.

"No, none for you," Kim said taking the bottle out of my hand.

"Hey!" I exclaimed.

"T you know you drink a lot. And what kind of maid of honor would I be if I let the bride have a hang over on her wedding day?"

"I won't have a hang over," I defended.

"At least let her have a glass or two," Michel'le insisted picking up some wine glasses.

"Oh alright," Kim said. "But two and that's it."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I waved them off.

We poured some drinks and mixed alcohol together then gathered in the living room. Blankets and pillows were laid out on the floor. Since Dina had huge love for stuffed animals she brought some along with her.

"So T," Kim started. "Are you excited for tomorrow?"

"Oh yeah I'm very excited," I answered.

"Ooh just think of it," Patricia said. "You gonna marry my little brother and we'll be sister-in-laws!"