Chapter 11 - Questioning

"I missed you." Wheeljack finally was able to get out. I looked up at him. "Why was that so hard to say? I missed you too." I put a hand on his cheek. We looked into each others eyes. It's like I wasn't even there anymore. Like nothing was around us. Just us two. I got lost in his eyes. But I was soon too brought back to reality. I moved my hand fast. And turned around. I can't believe what happened. I had feelings I've never felt before. "Shelby?" He said, putting his hand on my shoulder, trying to turn me back around. I wouldn't move. I couldn't, I couldn't bare to look at him. I was very embarrassed. He decided I wasn't budging and came in front of me. He put both of his hands on my shoulders. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, trying to get me to look at him. I turned my head away from him. I need to forget the weird feelings I felt. I can't get to close. "Please look at me. What did I do wrong?" He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face up to make me look at him. I tried to pull away, but my body wouldn't let me. "Your all I could think about after I left. I don't know why. I don't understand what is going on. I tried to shake the feelings off. I tried to keep myself busy. That's why I left for a bit. I wasn't gone a month and all I wanted to do was come back and see you. Then when Optimus commed me, I knew I had to come back. I'm sorry if this is a lot. I understand if you don't feel the same. I mean I don't even know what I feel right now. So I can't imagine what you feel." He took his hand away. I don't know what to say. 

He turned and walked away. He didn't walked to far, putting his hands over his head. Like he wasn't sure what to do next or it was just a lot for him to say. He put his arms down and looked over his shoulder at me. His bright blue eyes staring back at me. "Do you want to talk about the argument with Big O and Doc?" He turned around, changing the subject. Thank Primus too, it was starting to get ackward. "No I do not." I put on a straight face and turned around and walked away. "I think you would feel better if we did." He is pushing it. "I told you NO!" I turned and yelled at him. This caused Charger to run behind me. Well she didn't do it on her own. I didn't mean to make her come, it just happened.  He backed up and put his hands up in defense. "Okay we won't. " He says to me. He kept looking at me then up at Charger. Like he wasn't sure who to be scared of more.

I calmed myself down. I knew I shouldn't be mad. He's just trying to help. "I'm sorry, I'm not used to this. Having people care." I say to him. I rub my arms and look down. I had Charger walk away. I don't want Wheeljack thinking something else is wrong. "I know you don't. I have the same problem with team prime. They care too. They may not all know you very well yet. But that's just how they are. And Big O seems to be protective of you. None of us can figure it out why." He says trying to make me feel better. He walks close to me. I back up, unsure of what he is doing. He looks at me, like telling me to stop. I stop and he wraps his arms around me. "What are you doing?" I say stiffly. "I'm giving you a hug. Calm down. Do you not know what a hug is?" His arms still around me, but he's looking down at me. I don't think I have ever been hugged. I try to recall before I came to earth, but a lot of those memories have been lost after my crash to Earth. "No I don't think I've ever had a...hug." I say looking back up at him. "Well thats going to change." He said with a huge smile on his face. 

We let go of each other. Neither of us knowing what to do at this moment. Wheeljack looks outside and smirks. "So can i try riding the dirt bike again?" For some reason i knew he was gonna ask. All i do is nod my head and he runs out of the shop. I chase after him and when i catch up, he already has the tarp off the bike and is moving it away from the shop. "Remember how to turn it on?" I ask him, staying some distance away. "Yes!" He yells back at me. I watch him struggle a few times to start up the bike. i couldn't help but laugh. He shoots me a glare, i quickly stop and look away, my arms behind my back. After a few more tries, he gets it started. I cheer him on and watch him roll his eyes at me. He immediately guns it, causing the front of the bike to lift off the ground, suprising Wheeljack. I try not to laugh as I watch him fall of the bike and the bike zips off tell it falls over. "You okay Wheeljack?" I ask walking over to him. "Yeah i'm just great." He says standing up and wiping the dirt of his aft. I cover my mouth to try and not laugh. "Oh you think its funny." He get into a defensive stance and glares down at me. All I can do is shake my head. He growls and stomps off towards the bike. He sure is determand. "Wheeljack, remember be gentle when you try and go." I yell to him. He gives me an unamused look and starts the bike back up.

He's got the hang of it now. He only fell off four more times. But he kept getting back to try again. I am very proud of him. You could see the excitement in his face as he was now getting it. I cheered him on. His smile got wider as he looked at me, causeing my face to heat up. he rides over to me, slowing down in front of me. He stops right in front of me. almost about to hit me. I didn't back away. I'm not afraid.  "you didn't even flinch." He says looking at me with a shocked look on his face. "How did you know if I was going to stop in time?" he asked me. "I didn't. I just know how to not show fear." I said to him, crossing my arms and looking down. He understand what I really mean. "Got any Energon around here. Seeing as you live with a cybertronian." He wanted to change the subject. But all it did was put me in more fear. I do have Energon, but its not what he's thinking it is. He looks at me in confusion. "You do have Energon, don't you?" he asks again. "Of course I do. Charger needs Energon to live." I say with a fake smile. 

What am I going to do? I can't give him Energon. He will know its synthetic Energon. That I made it. I mean it glows green not blue. He can't know, no one can know. What would he think if I gave it to him. Would he be mad? Would he hate me for not telling anyone. I don't know where he gets Energon. His ship is probably loaded with some. So why is he asking me? Maybe he already knows. He's testing me. So much for starting to trust others. I'm starting to doubt again. What is wrong with me? Am I being possessive? I have no idea. I'm supposed to be trying to trust again. Primus please help me.