Chapter 17- Escape pod

The dust settles around a car that just tore throught my land. I have never had this happen to me. Ever! I am still on the tractor, looking very confused. I've never seen a car like this. Of course we all know I don't get out much. But its beautiful. Its a beautiful deep red body, gold rims shining from the sun. You could see some of the dust settle on its body. I hop off the tractor and walk to the driver's side. All the windows are tinted. Making no way of seeing inside. Before I get a chance to say or do anything. It transforms. I jump back up in fear. I have Charger run in front of me. I watch from behind as the Cybertronian stands just taller than Charger. He looks at the both of us. He looks oddly familier. I look him over, when I get to his chest I see something that makes me groan. It was a Decepticon signal. 

"You don't look injured, what are you doing here? Who are you?" I asked defensively to the con. "Well aren't you welcoming." He stated looking down at her. "Who are you?" I yell again. Walking out in front of Charger, standing my ground. "You don't recognize me do you?" He said, a sad tone in his voice. "I think I would remember con looking like you." I told him. "Well last time we saw each other I didn't have an alt mode, and I had just gotten to Earth." He said sweetly. "You patched me up, not caring that I was a Decepticon." He continued. I still didn't know who he was. I feel like I should. He does look more familer now. I feel bad that I don't know. I bite my lip and look down. "I'm sorry, I don't remember." I say silently. "Maybe this will help." He took a step back and transformed. His holoform then steps out of his alt. He had black dress shoes and black dress pants on. He wore a fitted red button up. The sleeves were rolled halfway up his forearm. He had a gorgeous smile on his face showing white bright teeth. But you could see in his red eyes, how nervous he was. His hair was short and a deep red. He ran his fingers though his hair. Then walked over to me.

"Knockout?" I asked. I recognized him now. He was the first con I treated, but he didn't seem like a con. Sure at first he was a total aft. But after I took care of him, he turned sweet and loving. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. He walked up to me and put a hand on my cheek. "I told you I would come back." He stared down to me. "That was years ago, and you don't come back tell now." I gave him a shove. I was angry now. "I'm sorry, but It difficult to find you again, and with Megatron and Starscream on my aft. It was hard to get away. But the ship was close, so I figured I'd try this time." He had guilt written all over his face. I crossed my arms, and turned away from him. "Please don't do that to me. I know your mad, but I'm here now." I scoff at him. I think to myself for a moment. He did come back. No one else had, beside Wheeljack and team Prime. I uncross my arms and turn and look at him. His eyes were soft and gentle, with a coat of sadness. "I'm sorry." Is all I said and that's all he needed to give me a hug. Still not used to those.

He let go and we walked inside. I almost forgot that he didn't know that Charger was my real body. So, I had her follow us in quick. He started talking and telling me everything that had happened after he left. He asked about me, I told him but decided to leave out team Prime. I pray none of them show up while Knockout is here. I was worried that Wheeljack would come back. I think I was worrying more about that than listening to Knockout. I barely heard what he was talking about. "....Killed Breakdown." I came out of my thoughts and looked at him. He was saddened by this. "I'm so sorry Knockout." I symphasized. I didn't really know what to say. "He was a good friend." He put his head down. "I wish there was something I could do." I told him. I truly did wish I could. 

"Knockout!" a voice yelled though his comm. Whoever was on the other end was not happy. "Oh frag. That's Megatron. Looks like I have to leave now." He fizzled out and I heard him transform. "Knockout here, my liege." He walked into the shop, servo up to his audio receptor. "Get back to the Nemisis at once!" Megatron said. "Yes my liege." The signal cut. He looked down at me, gave me a small smile. "I'll be back, I promise." He got down to my level. "Thank you." Is all I could say. He walked out, looking back, before he transformed and drove off. 

I gave a huge sigh. I'm so glad nothing bad happened. This visit could of turned out way worse. I stand and lean against the opening of my shop. I started to remember when I first met Knockout, he had come down to the surface to look for an alt mode but instead got himself hurt somehow. Honestly, I don't remember what happened. All I know is that its hard to believe that he's a con. 

I started hearing beeping in the back round. I walk over to the computers and look at the screens. An odd signal has popped up. I'm not sure what to make of it. I decided it was probably best to contact Optimus on this one. "Shelby to Optimus Prime, Come in Optimus." I clearly said thought the communication system. "Optimus here." I heard him say. "I have a odd signal coming up on my computers. I think it might be an escape pod, but I don't know the origin. I will be heading out to check it out." I decided it would be best. Incase whoever is in there is injured. "We see it now. Don't go, it is Decepticon. We will go check it out and let you know." I'm not sure why, but I felt kind of hurt by this. "If somebot is in distress, I need to go." I say back to him. "Ratchet will be joining us. We will make sure of everything. Do not worry." Authority rang though his voice. But yet trying not to order me at the same time. "Yes Optimus, But I don't remember when I started to take orders from you." I told him. It was true. I am not part of team Prime. "Please Charger. I don't want you to get hurt." He said so quietly I barely heard him. He must not have told the others. I'm shocked. I don't understand why he cares so much. "Y..Yes Sir." Is all I could get out. The comm cut off.

I fell back into the chair, my arms resting on the arm. I prop my elbow up and lean on my hand. I start thinking. Knockout shows up, then leaves all of a sudden, then a cybertronian escape pod pops up on my screen. Something doesn't add up. I hope its just a coincident. 

*Time skip*

Its been over an hour and I have yet to hear anything about the escape pod. I'm beginning to worry. What am I saying, I've been worrying this whole time. I'm pacing back and forth in front of my computers.  I want to go help. I'm tempted to call their base and see if they have come back. "Shelby come in." I jump a little and run to the comm. "Shelby here." I say. "It was an autobot in the escape pod." I hear Ratchet say not sounding happy about it. "That's good right?" I ask, questioning why he wouldn't be happy. "Yes, he's just really young and unexperienced." I chuckle to myself hearing this. "Well good luck then." I tell him. I hear him scoff before ending the comm. I think it over for a moment. I wonder who the new Autobot is. I'm sure I will meet him soon. I feel betting knowing it is. 

I get up from my chair and walk up the stairs to the living area and sit down on the couch. I seem to melt into it. I feel the need to just relax. I've been so stressed out so much lately. I close my eyes for a moment, then I hear the sound of the ground bridge opening. I give a loud sigh and push myself up and off the couch.  I don't even get down the stairs before I see Optimus run in. A worried look on his face.