Chapter 20- Why? How?

He has his arm around me as we sit on the couch. My head is leaning on his chest while my nose is in a book. He's watching some race on TV. My alt may be a muscle car, but it doesn't mean I'm interested in racing. I feel him lean his helm down and kiss the top of my head. My spark seems to falter a bit, causing heat to rise in my cheeks. I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to this. Never in my dreams did I think I would find a sparkmate. I mean we aren't yet, but we do like each other. So, its a start.

I can feel something digging in the back of my mind. Guilt seems to be slowly creeping up on me. I keep trying to push it to the back of my mind. I don't want to think about it. I keep on reading my novel and hope to keep distracted. It's hard to stay focused when I feel guilty. I hate it. I know I should tell him the truth. Its just a name. It shouldn't matter what my name is. He will still like me for who I am. I'm just afraid if one person finds out, it will be the end of me. Though, Optimus did say that the leader of M.E.C.H. was killed. So I should be fine, right? "So why haven't you upgraded your alt? I mean why stay a 1969 Charger, when you could be a 2013 Charger? They got bigger engines in them now." Wheeljack said bringing me back to reality. "Um I don't know. I just like the way I look. Why change it if there is nothing wrong with it?" I said to him. "I guess I can see that. Did you pick a Charger because your name is Charger?" He questioned me. I'm glad he couldn't see my face. It was bright red and my hands were starting to shake. "Yeah lets go with that." I whispered. I felt him shift his weight.

"What do you mean?" He asked sounding confused. "Well I really didn't understand earth vehicles when I landed. It was one of the first cars I saw that I actually liked. Being called a Charger was just a... a bonus." I only partially lied to him. I really did like the way they looked. It also fit my body type well. I felt him shrug, which told me my answer was good enough. "Why did you pick your vehicle mode?" I decided to turn the conversation around on him. "Well its a very attractive, fast race car. Why else would I pick it?" He gave a small chuckle. I gave a small giggle as well. "Of course." I said keeping my nose in my book. "We should race one of these days." Wheeljack suggested. "I don't race." I stated. "You don't do anything." He whined. "Wow, thanks. I fixed you up didn't I?" I said sarcastically. "You are right about that." He agreed. 

"You know, I never did ask why you needed me to come protect you." He questioned. I sunk down a bit in my seat. "A decepticon, may or may not, have come and saw me." I said fast. Wheeljack seemed to jump out of his seat, causing me to fall back. He had his hand leaning on the back of the couch and was sitting at the edge of the couch looking at me. I stayed laid back looking up at him with wide eyes. My book covering my mouth. "A con was here." He stated though clenched teeth. "Now before you do anything rash. I fixed him up once before. Along time ago and it was before I knew he was a con. He was really nice and we got along. He found me again and just wanted to see how I was doing. He didn't mean any harm. But of course you know Optimus, he said that I needed some protection." I explained to him. He seemed to relax for a few seconds then tensing up again. "Which con? And how do you know he was just making sure you were still here so he could come back with others later to kill you? What if they know you are friends with us and are going to use you against us?" Wheeljack was standing now. Pacing as he talked. 

"Knockout isn't like that!" I sat up and yelled at him. I realized after I saw the look in his eyes, that I shouldn't have said Knockouts name. Wheeljack came up on me, fire in his crystal like blue eyes. "Knockout was the one who came here." He sneered. "Knockout is a liar. He can't be trusted. He will say whatever he has to to get what he wants." He finished. "I don't believe that." I scoffed at him. I pushed him away from me and got off the couch and walked down the stairs. I wasn't going to listen to this. Wheeljack came down after me. Proceeding to grab my left arm. "Let go of me!" I yelled yanking my arm away. "You may think you know him but I've battled him. We all have, just ask the others. Obviously Prime made the right choice on having someone here to protect you. Knockout can't be trusted." He pleased to me. "I know you already told me. I accepted to be protected. But until I see for myself that he can't be trusted. I'm still going to believe he has good in him." I crossed my arms and looked away from him. 

Wheeljack came behind me and wrapped his arms around me. Resting his head on mine. "Please, I just want to keep you safe. I know seeing is believing, I've heard that from the children before. Just know that I'm here to keep you safe. Whether Knockout lies to you or not." He whispered into my ear. I put my hands on his arms and squeezed, letting him know I understood. "I'm not used to this whole having to be protected thing. I never had other bots care for me. My parents sent me away because they cared. I assumed that's what everybot does." I explained to him. He squeezed me harder. We stood there for what seemed like forever. When he finally let go, I wasn't ready for it. He turned me around and looked me in the eyes. Our blue eyes clashing with each other. His hands resting on my shoulders, then slid down and grabbed my hands. He pulled me close to him, gave me his signature smile and pulled me in for a kiss. Causing my spark to flutter. I'm going to have to get used to this. 

The rest of the day seemed to fly by. Optimus had checked in around the afternoon, to see how things were. Of course nothing had changed. There wasn't much to report. Though, Wheeljack did get a little angry at the Prime for not telling him about Knockout. Other than that, its been a pretty easy day. "Okay where do you hide your Energon?" Wheeljack asked startling me a bit. I hadn't realized he went back to bipedal mode. I knew this was going to happen sooner than later. Unfortunately I wasn't ready for it. "Oh yeah, I guess you'd probably need some of that." I struggled to get out. "Don't you need any?" He asked me leaning against the railing of the platform. "Yeah, I should probably get some too." It was true. I hadn't had any in awhile. I don't need it as often just because I don't use my bipedal mode very often. I started my way down the stairs. "I'll get you some. Um but you can't tell anybody where I hide it." I pointed my finger at him. "I promise." He said putting his hands up in defense. 

I gave him a nod and walked over to the corner of my shop behind my stair cases. I had my body come and give me a hand to take the cylinders out. Wheeljack seemed to look confused when it walked past him. I typed in my code and went down to the lower level. I opened up the floor for my servo to reach down and grab a cylinder. I also grab one for me and I come back up. I have my form give the cylinder to Wheeljack. He takes it and looks at it. He gave me a odd look. As if he wasn't sure if he should drink it. "Is this what I think it is?" He asked pointing to the jar. I put my head down. "Is this synthetic Energon?" He asked again, his voice almost a growl. I look up and give him a guilty nod. "You've had Synthetic Energon, and you've been keeping it to yourself. How could you? Team Prime have been scavenging for Energon because its so damn hard to find. But you just magically have the formula to make it and didn't bother to share." He kept ranting. Furious that I kept it to myself. I kept trying to say something, but he wouldn't let me talk. I try hard to stay calm. He needs to know why. 

I waited tell he calmed down. "Can I please explain?" I asked him. "Why should I let you? Prime needs to know about this. I should go let him know you've been holding out." Wheeljack spat at me. "And I would tell him. Alpha Trion told me to keep the formula safe and only use if absolutely necessary." I retaliated. "You knew Alpha Trion? I thought you were just a youngling when you left Cybertron." Wheeljack looked down at me. His hands on his hips. "And your using it for yourself. How is that absolutely necessary?" He added. I leaned up against the railing, my arms still crossed. "I can't go get Engergon by myself. I have no means to do it. I only use it when I'm deadly low and very little of it. I use it mainly to help the wounded who I care for. I never met him. At least I don't remember meeting him. But I remember when I crashed on Earth, he appeared in one of my dreams and told me the formula. I'm assuming it was placed in my processor before I left Cybertron. As much as I tried to push it to the back of my mind it kept coming forward. Until I finally made it. I was told to not tell anybody. I made a promise not too." I explained. 

Wheeljack seemed to be processing the information I told him. His servo was on his chin and he started to pace. We were both silent. No one said a word. I said what I needed to say, it was no his turn to speak. After a few more moments of silence, he spoke. "Okay, I'm sorry I blew up on you like that. Its just the guys at Prime could really use the Synthetic Energon." He stopped pacing and stood facing me. "Then I guess it is time to pass on the formula." I stated. Wheeljack finally took a sip of his Energon. He gave a low smile realizing it wasn't bad. "I will com Optimus in the morning and have him and Ratchet come by to get some Energon." I told Wheeljack and started my way up the stairs. I stopped before I reached my bedroom. "Care to join me?" I asked trying to sound confident. He gave me a nod and transformed. His holoform then catching up to me and walking into my room behind me.