Chapter Fifteen- Just One Chance

Reunion

Chapter Fifteen – Just One Chance

Eden

“ I am sorry, Eden.” Justin says.

Oh well.

He should have thought when he did that to me.

“I have nothing to do with you,” I said with a hint of anger, sadness in my voice. Justin looked at me with his sad face and slight tears in his eyes. It looked like they were about to fall anytime from his eyes.

He was crying?

Probably just acting.

Eden don’t be so cruel.

I am being cruel? And what he did to me was not cruel? Yeah right, that was more than cruel.

“Stella, can I talk to you alone?” I asked glaring at Justin and saying the word “alone” loudly so that he could understand what I was implying.

“Yeah,” Stella shrugged and made an eye contact with Justin which lasted for a few seconds. Stella gave him a sympathetic look and I didn’t even take a glance at him.

Stella and I went to the other room and sat so we could talk. I had to make everything right between us and this friendship means a lot to me.

“Stella, just tell me that why did this all happen? What made you did this?” I asked while looking at her. Stella played with her hands and looked down.

“Uh, listen Eden, it’s better if he tells you this because…” Stella stopped. “Because what, Stella?” I asked impatient.

What could be the damn reason? I mean why can’t she say me the reason? Why him?

“Because Eden i-it’s just that he is kind of the reason.” Stella answered. He was the reason? Of course he was.

“But whatever I did I’m really sorry about that. It wasn’t meant to hurt your feelings. Me, Ryan and Chaz just wanted to make everything good between you and him.” Stella continued. “You three wanted to make everything between us. Stella you know right, what he did to me.?” I asked.

Justin had hurt me bad. And that memory was never going to leave me. It still haunts me.

“I know Eden but you do have to move on from that memory. You can’t stick with that memory forever, right?” Stella explained.

But?

“Remember when you solved that fight between me and Mark? We fought and didn’t talk for 2 months.” Stella said.

“Stella that was a whole different thing.” I said. “But even Mark did a thing to me which was unforgettable and bad but I did move on from it, Eden. In life we have to learn how to forgive people. It’s forgive and forget. Two most important rules, that’s how we live life, Eden. No matter what you say, everyone does deserve a chance to explain themselves and you need to give them a chance. And even after that one chance you think that you can’t forgive them then forget them. But at least give them a chance. Just one chance and Eden one chance won’t hurt anyone.” Stella said and her lips formed a small smile.

I was fiddling with my hands and was taking everything in what Stella was saying. She was indeed right. One chance won’t hurt anyone right? Even mom did say that everyone does deserve a chance.

“But Stella he did horrible, I mean every day was hell for me in school.” I said. “And after a week he left for his dream but I was hurting over here, crying every day, school was hell. Everything reminded me of him.” I said while slight tears were forming in my eyes.

“I know Eden and I really don’t want to force you but just hear him out,” Stella said and smiling at me softly.

“Yeah, okay.” I shrugged off. “But do you have any idea why Ashley was coming to me yesterday and apologizing?” I asked.

It was totally weird of thee Ashley Hunters, apologizing to me.

I had to find these secrets. Why was this kind of mystery kept away from me? I needed answers and so I decided to give him a chance to explain but this didn’t mean that everything was good between us. It was just a chance to explain himself.

“But just for explaination okay,” I reminded Stella and gave her a stern look. “Yeah I know,” She chuckled lightly and I smiled.

Everything was still not good between me and Stella but after I find the answers, I think I might know what step I had to take.

“You wait here, I’ll send him in.” Stella informed and before leaving she gave me a reassuring smile.

It’s going to be very awkward when Justin comes here. I mean what am I supposed to say him? How will I even start the conversation?

Am I going to be like, “Hey! Thanks for hurting me and I’m just here to give you a chance.”

Hell to the no.

Sighing, I look around the room and I hear a soft knock on the door.

“Come in,” I said nervously. Just then, Justin entered the room and nervously smiled at me. He sat opposite me and we looked at each other. Awkward.

“Hey,” Justin says shyly. “Hi..” I trailed off. “You look beautiful.” He compliments. Is he serious right now? “Listen, Justin about that “I fucking love you too”, I-I” I stuttered. Why the hell was I stuttering?

“You what, Eden?” Justin asks, his eyes concentrating at me. “I love you,” Justin says unexpectedly. “You do?” I ask. Justin nodded in response.

“See Justin, this “I love you” isn’t going to work. Doesn’t matter how much I love you, I am just giving you one chance for explaination and nothing else.” I informed.

But wait…

Did I just confess that I love him too? What the fuck is wrong with me?

Justin looked at me, listening to every single word which was coming out from my mouth. “You love  me?” Justin asked in disbelief. “I’m not here to talk about that Justin.” I said.

“And I’m here giving you just one chance for explaination. Just tell me why did you have to this?” I said.

“You wanna know why I had to do this?” Justin asked, now serious.

Before he was acting playful like nothing happened.

“Yes,” I said and nodded my head in reply.

“So hear it goes,”

I’m ready for this.

--

Chapter Fifteen Guys!

I hope y’all liked it :)

Btw thanks guys for 3K reads and over 200 votes. It’s all love :)

So what do you think guys? Why did Justin take this step? Hmm.. Eden to listen to this and it’s going to be shocking, exciting and thrill for her to finally know the truth. It’s one of the important moment of her life and so was the reunion.

Thanks for reading!

Twitter: @ourpunkasskid

-Masumi