Chapter 19

*next day, Tuesday morning*

While walking toward my classroom, all I could think about was what happened yesterday. I didn't realize that I was smiling to myself, wondering if Jungkook was actually going to come today like I'd suggested.

Unlike myself, others began noticing my happy state.

"Aye, dude, look who's extra happy today," an upperclassman mentioned to his friend.

"Y/N isn't normally that smiley in the mornings," the other boy added.

"Maybe she got a boyfriend or something."

"She could've hooked up with Jungkook."

Two eavesdropping girls decided to join in on the conversation.

"No way! Y/N hates Jungkook because he's such a jerk!" the first one said.

"Exactly, she said it herself, I think," the second chimed in.

Annoyed by the discussion that was easily being overheard by several people, I decided to step in. "How about you all quit assuming why I'm happy or whether I hate someone. That would be appreciated." After giving each of the upperclassmen a serious look, I directed myself back toward the classroom.

"Omg Y/N talked to me!!"
"She was talking to me, idiot!"
"Girls, girls, she was talking to all of us."

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

People are such spazzes.

I got to the classroom and took my seat.

"Morning, Suga," I said. Suga was resting his head on his hand, and responded with a hum.

I was bored so I hummed to the tune of one of my favorite songs and nodded my head to the rhythm. This caught Suga's attention, so he turned around and looked at me with a tired, confused look.

"You're never happy in the mornings. What happened?" he asked.

"Huh? Oh, ummm," I couldn't think of what to say.

I can't exactly tell him that I skipped school and had a good time with Jungkook, but that's basically why I'm happy. I don't want to lie to my best friend.

"Well, put simply... I think I made a new acquaintance yesterday," I concluded with a grin. Instead of replying, Suga sighed and a sad frown formed on his face.

I stopped smiling. "What's wrong? Did I upset you?"

"Did I do something to make you feel like I'm not a good enough friend?" he asked.

"No, of course not!" I couldn't understand what brought on such a concern. "Why would you think that?"

"We've always been together but all of the sudden you're making all these new friends. Is it because Woozi and I became friends? I'm not making you feel like a third wheel, right? Because you're making me feel like one," he looked down.

"Suga, you're overthinking this. A lot is happening this year and I'm meeting new people; good and bad ones," I explained. "None of that matters when it comes to you, though. You have been and always will be the greatest person in my life."

Suga sighed with relief and turned back around, laying his head on his desk.

I went back to humming and thinking about whatever came to mind. My thoughts were interrupted when someone could be heard entering the room. I quickly checked to see who it was. I was disappointed when I saw it was just a random classmate.

Jungkook should come today or else- Wait! Y/N WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?! What's it matter if he comes or not? Nope, I don't care, not even one bit. Like I care so little that-