Chapter 27

"Y/N, I've known about you a long time before you've known me..."

-

Silence gripped onto the atmosphere as I tried to think of a reply. I couldn't figure out what he meant by that. Jungkook didn't seem too willing to explain either, so we awkwardly stood still avoiding any eye contact.

Woozi's voice echoed from the hallway and into the room as he knocked on the door. He never could've shown up at a better time.

"Jungkook? What was going on downstairs?" He asked from the other side of the door.

Jungkook opened the door and gave Woozi an expression that basically screamed embarrassment.

"Sorry, it was nothing. The owner was just going over some rules," he grumbled.

"Mm, ok." Woozi clearly sensed the tension, and tried to steer away from it by proposing we go to the beach. We agreed to go. Everyone wanted to take a break from unpacking, so we left right away. Taehyung reminded us to take our restaurant passes so we could get food there for lunch and dinner.

Since it was a hot day, we all changed into swimsuits. Jimin and Jungkook fearlessly showed off their abs, deserting any signs of their t-shirts. Poor, neglected shirts. But now, mine eyes did see blessed, lean abs that sucked up the sunlight. As for the other guys, they chose to be more modest, and included shirts in their wardrobe. I decided to be bold and wear a bikini. Naturally though, I covered it up with a sports shirt and jean shorts.

As anyone would've expected, Woozi was ecstatic about going to the beach. He'd gotten a beach ball, tubes, and boards from the garage that's set off to the side of the house. Jimin and Jungkook helped him carry everything. They seemed almost as hyped as Woozi, but not quite as much.

Suga and I had a different idea from the rest. We each grabbed a beach umbrella from the garage, and took towels to sit on. When we set up our umbrellas, the others began to criticize us.

"What are you two doing!" Woozi exclaimed.

"We're at the beach to actually DO stuff," Jimin sassed. A hint of amusement flashed in his eyes, though.

Suga ignored their comments and relaxed onto his towel, but I started to feel a little guilty.

"Let's go swim in the ocean!" Jungkook's face gleamed with a bright smile. "The water looks so clean, and the weather is perfect." The others, aside from Suga, cheered.

"Mm, ok, I-" I was about to give in until I remembered:

If I get into the ocean, I can't exactly wear my cover-up, but I don't want to take off the shorts and shirt...

"Actually, if you guys play a game on the sand then I'll join, but I'm not getting in the water," I finalized.

"Why aren't you getting in?" Taehyung asked.

"Because, I-"

"Are you, uh, on your, uh..." the handsome boy didn't even finished his sentence.

"No, I'm on my-"

"So, you forgot a swimsuit?" Jimin interupted.

"No-"

"Aha! So you can't swim!" Woozi guessed.

"I can swim just fine!" I countered.

"Ohhh, I know!" Taehyung rejoined, throwing his fist into his other hand, as an idea came to his head. "You had a traumatic experience with the ocean in your childhood, and you almost died, so now you're too frightened to get in anymore."