[16] Shiro's Secret

*Shiro's POV*

I sighed in content as I arrived at the small inn in Karuizawa. It was finally summer which meant I was able to get away from my house and more importantly my father for awhile. Summer time was a busy time for him to make pacts with other families making sure that the family business was going smoothly. For me that meant to go away for awhile so I wouldn't make a fool of him. A few years back I had managed to find this small inn run by a very energetic man who loved to dress as a woman. I didn't make the connection before, but I had wondered if he knew Haruhi's dad Ranka. I guess I would find out in a bit seeing as he was walking towards me now. 

"Shiro boy~" I smiled and put my bag down giving my summer boss a hug. 

"Good to see you too Misuzu. Mind if I go change real quick before I start?" I said gesturing towards my bag. "Also remember to not call me by my real name. You know what would happen if my father found out I was here." 

"Oh right of course. Sorry about that Sugar." He winked at me to which I just shook my head. At least the nickname he gave me wasn't all that bad. We headed inside with my quickly sneaking into my room that I would be staying in. It was hopefully going to be another peaceful summer where I could be me. I looked in the mirror of the bather room and adjusted the red wig more so it looked more natural. I had green contacts in the hide most of my amber colored eyes. I pulled over a black t-shirt and some jeans before putting on the white apron that was provided for me and a white bandana to keep my hair back. I tied the longer red wig into a low pony tail as I made my way down the stairs. I nearly froze when I saw Haruhi standing there, but I quickly played it off like I didn't know her.

"Who is this?" I asked coming over to the two of then. 

"Ah! Sugar glad for you to join us. This here is the daughter of a friend of mine. Her name is Haruhi Fujioka. Haruhi-love meet Sugar."

"Sugar?" Haruhi asked looking at me. I gave a small laugh. 

"It's Cain. Cain Akabane." I held out my hand for her to shake it which she did with a smile. "I'm the cook so we will be working a lot together this summer." To say that I wasn't nervous was a complete understatement. If Haruhi were to find out that it was me I was doomed. Not to mention if Haruhi was here I had a bad feeling that the Host Club would show up sooner or later. 

Three days and no sign of any other club members. Maybe I was going to be okay. Haruhi was working hard and it looked like she was having fun. We both needed the tranquility of Karuizawa it seems. I glanced outside the kitchen window to see her hanging some bed sheets and staring at the sky. It sure was peaceful. 

"HARUHI!!!" I stared at the helicopter in shock. Tamaki was leaning out the door along with what looked like the twins. I spoke to soon about it being a nice getaway from the others. Here they were. This summer was going to be hell. I sighed turning away from the window. It was going to be even harder to hide myself from them wasn't it. I am so in trouble. 

"Oh my! What dashing young men you are! You hunks must be friends of Haruhi's." I watched from my spot in the kitchen as Misuzu fluttered about the host club. Leave it to him to be in love just by the sight of them. "Why don't you call me Misuzu-chi" I overhead Kyoya saying that he was an old friend of Ranka's and how they used to work at the same shop together back in the day. Well that answers my question yet again that they were old friends. I leaned back tuning out the rest of what they were talking about and went back to making orders. It wasn't long before I heard Misuzu call for me though. "Sugar! Come on out and meet Haruhi's friends!" 

Even though I already knew who all of them were I still came out and put on a friendly face. "Welcome!" 

"Sugar here is also an amazing employee. He's been coming here for quite a few years now. He's good looking and a great cook!"