Chapter 32

I'm sat in front of Harry's window, silently watching the neighbours. There's an elderly women who lives in the house opposite Harry's building we've made acquaintance with, her name is Mary. I first bumped into her while grocery shopping with Harry one evening after he had finally dragged me out of his flat after moping around for weeks. She's a wonderful women, she's a mother of seven girls, and a grandmother of five. She walks very slowly, and she hasn't any strength to carry a lot of luggage. So Harry and I have been offering her our help for the past week. As we have nothing left to do. I refuse to step foot onto school grounds or into my own house. And Harry just refuses to leave my side, causing him to not attend work. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten a call that he is fired yet.

In fact Mary had made a valid point, when we had confided in her about our current trouble. And she opened our minds to the fact Harry hasn't had the police knocking on his door, or my mother calling to fire him. That was the bright side.

The bad side? Well my mother hasn't contacted any of us at all since our confrontation the night she found us in our position. That was two weeks ago. We had told her everything, which ended with her asking us politely to leave her wedding.

I've been scared to go home ever since then, so I've stayed at Harry's and had Mitch send me a few of my things. I don't know how to feel about the whole thing apart from being scared. My mother hasn't made a move to ask for me to come home, let alone contact me at all. I didn't mean for her to get upset at all, but Mary did mention love came with consequences, especially the forbidden ones. Harry however is trying his best not to seem as scared as me, trying to play it off cool with acting that my mother will come around. I know he's scared of her calling us in, and being sent to jail, as well as her never accepting us. I haven't confronted him about it. But Gemma tells me everything he says.

Just as I raise my mug to my lips to take a sip of my coffee, the door opens from Mary's house and out walks Harry himself holding a brown duffle bag. I see him raise his head towards the apartment building almost knowing I would be at the window watching. My thoughts are confirmed when he turns around to say something to Mary before the grey haired women raises her hand to wave up.

I chuckle watching Harry hug her goodbye before crossing the empty road heading into the building. I wait about five minuets before I hear the door open and silently closing.

"Babe, Mary's given us some clothes." Harry says walking to the living room and setting the bag onto the couch.

"For what?" I ask setting down the mug and walking over to him watching him unzip the bag. I watch as he shuffled through everything before slowly pulling out what looks like baby onesies.

"I think she thinks you're pregnant." He laughs tipping the bag over and laughing louder as more baby clothes pile out.

But I stay silent, lifting the onesie he first held, feeling the material in awe. To think a baby this tiny could fit into something so small. And soft.

Harry then turns silent, whipping his head abruptly to look at me. "You're not are you?"

I chuckle, keeping my eyes on the onesie in my hand. Having an internal war with myself. "No I'm not." I sigh shaking my head.

Harry grabs the onesie out of my hand and throws it with the rest that are sprawled out on the couch, he grips me pulling me closer to him, "You sighed. What's that?" He asks looking deeply into my eyes.

I sigh closing my eyes before leaning my forehead on his chest, feeling him wrap his arms around me and pull me closer makes my heart flip. "Well we're married, you've silently asked me to move in with you, what else should we do?"