EXIT STRATEGY

[ S T A Y  W I T H  M E ]

❛ season one — episode four ❜
❛ eXit strategy ❜

          ALL THE MUTANTS GATHERED UP a meeting set by John

          ALL THE MUTANTS GATHERED UP a meeting set by John. I was sat in a wooden chair between Andy and Lauren as our mother's stood behind us. John takes a breath before beginning his speech "We know that Lorna is being held in a cell at the Sentinel Services Regional Headquarters. We believe that Reed Strucker is there with her," John signaling to the Strucker kids. They share a look in between our seating.

"They're being moved soon to an ultra-secure facility. And we don't know much about it, except that the people who go don't come back. That's why we gotta move now. And I'm not gonna sugarcoat this. We're talking about attacking the Sentinel Services," John adds. Everyone chatter among themselves. I look around and then see the sad faces of all the mutants.

Someone decides to speak up and break the small silence "We lost six people the last time we went up against them directly," she says. I look back to see who was speaking, it was a girl named Sage. I had the pleasure of meeting her a few days back. The Mutant Underground became closer to my heart the more time I spent exploring it with Andy.

"I know that better than anyone," John sighs.

"It won't be like last time," Marcos assures them.

"You're right. Last time, we just hit a relocation center with a fence and some guard towers. This time it's a prison. Their systems have improved. Extrapolating from other attacks, we've got an 86.5% chance of failure," Sage argues. I look over at Lauren and see tears threatening to fall out. My mother squeezes Lauren's shoulders as she tenses up.

"And if we do nothing, then there's a 100% chance we never see them again," Marcos reasons with her.

"I know we're new here, but please," Caitlin begs.

"Lorna's risked her life for everyone in this room. Harry, your parents would be dead without her. Sage, she pulled you out of a gutter, and she got you clean. I mean, she's... She needs us," Marcos cries.

"Doesn't change the math, Marcos," Sage disagrees.

"I don't care about the math. I care about Lorna. Who's with me?" Marcos asks the crowd. It was silent.

"I'm in," Dreamer raises her hand.

"Yeah, I'm in," Clarice says.

"Okay," Marcos sighs at the low amount of those who volunteered. The meeting comes to an end and everyone goes their separate ways. I was once again sat on my bed. Back touching the cold beige wall as Andy lays his head on my lap. Lauren flips through the