THREAT OF EXTINCTION

[ S T A Y  W I T H  M E ]

❛ season one — episode eight ❜
❛ threat of eXtinction ❜

          IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT when the Strucker's, my mother and I gathered around a table to discuss some things

          IT WAS LATE AT NIGHT when the Strucker's, my mother and I gathered around a table to discuss some things. I was pretty sleepy so I was snoozed off on Andy's shoulder before I was shaken and wakened. "Hey, guys. So, we need to talk, and I know it's late, but I just learned something and it's important that you hear about it from me," Reed sighs.

"What's going on? I ask looking around the table curiously.

"Yeah, you're kind of freaking me out," Andy comments.

"You know we've been looking into the Sentinel Services program that's turning mutants into weapons against other... well, against all of us here," Reed explains.

"Yeah, you were searching those computer drives. You found something?" Lauren asks.

"I'm afraid so. Sentinel Services have been working with a defense contractor called Trask Industries," Reed begins but is cut off by Caitlin when she hears the name.

"Wait. The same Trask Industries where your father worked?" Caitlin questions.

"Yeah," Reed sadly sighs.

"You said Grandpa disappeared years ago. That he ran out on you and Grandma," Andy scoffs.

"That's not entirely true," Reed confesses "he lives up in Chattanooga."

"That's only two hours away. We've never even met him," Lauren scoffs.

"Okay, that was intentional. He wasn't good to your father, growing up," Caitlin explains.

"He's a difficult man. He was always working, he was never home. We weren't close," Reed explains his relationship "I got sick when I was a kid. I almost died, and... he didn't even bother to come to the hospital."

"Harsh," Andy mumbles.

Lauren reaches for her father's hand "I haven't spoken to him since before you guys were born," Reed says.

"Well, I think you're going to need to speak to him now," my mother voices her opinion. Reed looks around the table as he huffs one last breath and turns his heels walking towards the bedroom with his wife hand in hand.

—