X-ROADS

[ S T A Y  W I T H  M E ]

❛ season one — episode thirteen ❜
❛ X-roads ❜

          THE ROOM I WAS IN FELT TENSE AS I WAS with Andy and Lauren as Sage explained the events of today to the adults outside the doors "Something went wrong

          THE ROOM I WAS IN FELT TENSE AS I WAS with Andy and Lauren as Sage explained the events of today to the adults outside the doors "Something went wrong. I wish I could tell you more, but for now, all we know is what we've learned from the police reports," Sage reveals in a whisper.

"Did they get Campbell?" Caitlin asks.

"No, he got away," Shatter answers.

"Well, keep us posted," my mother tells the two before turning and walking towards the rest of us.

"Guys, we got some bad news," Reed articulates.

"Not a lot of details, but it looks like things didn't go well in Charlotte. Dr. Campbell got away. They had to run," Caitlin informs us.

"Well, we should go out and back them up," Andy shrugs as if it was that easy.

"They're two states away," I claimed, "by the time we get there, it'll be too late."

"Abella's right. They're on their own for now. So are we," Reed observes his options.

"No, maybe we can help. You don't know," Andy argues.

"There are people to protect here. When the X-Men founded this place, they didn't say 'run off whenever you're pissed'," Lauren declares.

"Our friends might not be coming back. Aren't you pissed?" Andy interrupts his sister from talking any further.

"Of course I am. But we've got a job here," Lauren states.

"Guys," my mother calls out "we can't keep fighting each other."

"Luna's right. We have to be strong as a family," Caitlin says calmly.

"I'm the one who wants us to be strong!" Andy erupts standing up from his seat.

"You mean you want us to be the von Struckers again. You sound like the Frost Sisters" Lauren implied.

"What's wrong with that? They're willing to face reality. I mean, the humans are coming after us," Andy yells.

"The humans, Andy?" Reed scoffs at his own son "Am I coming after you? Is your mom? Luna? Abella?"

Everyone's eyes stood on Andy's speechless face "I didn't... You know what I meant," Andy storms off just like he always does. Andy is the type of person to just run away from his problems but now he's becoming the problem and I don't know what to do. At one point I did believe in what he was doing now it's just been argument after argument.