BOXED IN

[ S T A Y  W I T H  M E ]

❛ season one — episode five ❜
❛ boXed in ❜

          EVERYONE WAS PACING BACK AND FORTH waiting for those to return

          EVERYONE WAS PACING BACK AND FORTH waiting for those to return. My leg was shaking when a hand fell onto it stopping from the shake. I look up from my hands and see Andy already smiling at me. I return his smile with a small grin. His hand slides from my thigh into my hand, my eyes wander to his. Lauren interrupted us asking us to help with some clothes for the others. I backed away from Andy, not knowing how close we actually were until now. "Here," Lauren smiles plopping down a bunch of shirts and sweaters into my arms.

"Thanks," I mutter. I hear Lauren and Andy quietly arguing behind me as I was setting the clothes on the plain wooden table when I heard Andy's name called.

"Andy? Lauren? Abella?" a voice that sounded exactly like Reed's calls out, that's when I turned and looked at the limping man. We rush towards him.

"Dad," Andy sighs realizing who it was. Before I knew it instead of speed-walking we were running.

"Dad," Lauren gasps as Andy jumps into his arms.

"Hey. Hey. Hey," Reed sighs hugging all of us. I look over Reed's shoulder and see my mother in tears.

"Mama!" I cry running into her arms "don't let go."

"Never, mija. Never," my mom cries into my arms.

"You okay?" Reed voice echoes between the group. I let go of my mom and stand next to her as her arm lies around my shoulders.

"We were so worried," Lauren says.

"We thought you..." Andy stops not wanting to finish his answer. Reed grips onto his children's shoulders pulling them in for another hug. Caitlin begins crying happy tears as she sees her family reunited. My mother puts her free arm around Caitlin comforting her. We stayed like that for a moment before disbursing and heading down the stairs.

"It's not just the thing with dad. Sentinel Services shot Harry," Lauren sighs reaching the bottom of the stairs. Reed limped down with the help of his wife.

"These people are in bad shape. I mean, they're doing everything they can," Andy starts but is almost immediately cut off by a man's yelling.

"Hey! What the hell?" the long haired man exclaims stomping towards us "what do you think you're doing here?"

"Let's talk about this," Reed says calmly.