Chapter 5

Cassidy's POV

Cassidy's POV

"Cassie!" Barry slurs as he stumbles over to me. "Want some?" He thrusts his cup out to me. I lean back quickly and avoid the liquid that splashes over the rim of the cup. It hits the floor. My boyfriend stares at it sadly.

"Did they give you alcohol?" I demand, snatching the cup from him. I sniff and my nostrils burn. I gag at the smell.

"Give it back, Cassie," Barry commands, reaching for the cup. I hold it out of his reach. He starts to fall forward. I catch him and he leans his entire weight against my body. I spot a trashcan and throw the beverage away.

"You're done for the night. Come on. Let's go," I command. Barry stumbles after me like a drunk puppy. I sigh to myself and grab onto his hand. I wrap one of his arms around my body and let him lean his weight against me. Together, we stumble out of the club and back to our hotel room.

~

"Alright Barry," I state, grabbing a pair of his sweatpants and one of his tee shirts form his bag, "you need to get changed into your pajamas." He sits on his bed as I unbutton his shirt and toss it into his duffle bag. I help him put the tee shirt on. "You need to take off your pants."

His expression goes from carefree to panicked, "No!"

"Barry, it's only to chang-"

"No!" He argues, his eyes wide.

"Fine! Then go in the bathroom and do it yourself," I snap, exhausted. He grabs the sweats from me and goes into the bathroom. A minute later he returns in the gray sweatpants. He tosses the slacks into his duffle and climbs into bed. Not even two minutes later, he was snoring loudly. I grab my phone and dial my dad's number. He answers right away.

"Cassidy? Where are you guys? Are you okay?" He demands. I hear others shouting in the background and realize that everyone is all together.

"Yeah, we're good. Barry is going to be massively hung over tomorrow. Vegas hit him hard," I inform them as I change into my pajama bottoms.

"Vegas?"

"Hang over? He's not even eighteen yet!" Blue screeches.

"He had fake I.D.s for us and we got into a twenty-one and over club. Don't worry dad, I didn't drink anything. Barry didn't do anything stupid in there other than drinking. He is passed out right now," I laugh, glancing over at my boyfriend, who is peacefully sleeping with his cheek smushed against the mattress.

"Make sure he doesn't drink tomorrow," Calum instructs.

"I'll try, but I have no idea what we'll even be doing tomorrow, or where we'll be for that matter. Barry is the one who planned this entire thing," I remind them.

"Oh my God," dad mutters.

"Just please take care of him," Blue pleads.

"I will," I assure her, "but I'm going to let you guys go now. I'm pretty tired."

"Sleep in separate beds!" Dad yells right before I hang up. I giggle softly to myself as I hide my phone in my clothes again before climbing into bed and turning out the lights.