Chapter 28

Adrianna Wilson

Nick entered inside my room. I looked up at him hopefully. "Anything?" I asked. He shook his head in no. Where are you baby? It had been four days since he is missing and this time the news had became a sensational news. Billionaire Ryan Winters is missing.

All the news paper had the same heading for two days. All the news channel blaring about the same thing. As much as I turned on the news the more anxious I grew. And the more anxious I grew the more restless I become. I cannot just sit here and wait for them to find my Ryan. No I have to find him myself.

I stood up from my bed and fell back instantly as my legs gave in. I stood up again this time over my shaky wobbly legs. I have to get up. I have to find him. I have to there is no other way. I have to find Ryan Winters even if it is the last thing I do.

I looked at my side to see my revolver lying on the side table. Ok I can do this. I can do this. I felt the touch of cold metal against my palm. A familiar feeling of superiority rushed through me. "I can do this" I said in the empty room. "I have to do this" I said to myself.

I saw some cloths Jake deliver earlier today, I requested him to but none of them knew exactly why I wanted them. I am still unfit to resume my duties. But that never stopped me and that will not stop me again specially if Ryan's life is in danger. I pulled the jacket over my shoulders and tucked the gun into the waistband of my jeans. I put my hairs in the makeshift bun and pulled it up. "ok then I am ready now I just need to get out swiftly and undetected ." I said to myself.

I unlocked the door to peek outside. The guards were standing few feet away. Are you kidding me? They should be out there looking for him not looking after me. I dialed a number of my most trusted Ally. "Zeke get me the hell out of here" I said. A chuckle followed. "I was wondering you will say that. It is why I tucked some provisions for you under the mattress check them out Aid"

I looked at the plain looking mattress and tried to feel anything. It looked normal. And so much innocent. I walked towards it "Let's see what secrets you are hiding." I said pulling the sheets away. In the middle of it was a patch cannot be detected easily. I pulled it off and inside was the provisions. I grinned at that. Zeke you are the master of disguise.

I tucked in the knife in my boots. A small Swiss army knife and a long cord strong enough to carry my weight, Ammunition and a small revolver fully loaded, good, I can now get the hell out of this place undetected. I looked at the window and pulled the chair. My clothes were thankfully black and it will blend into the night easily.

I tied the cord to the window and make sure it was secure. Thankfully my room was in the back of the hospital so I can go out undetected easily. I slipped over the rope and down the building. It covered a good length but not all the way down. So I landed with a thud on cold hard concrete ground. Pain shot through my ankle and ribs my eyes water."I can do this" I said. "I am going to do this" I stood up gasping for breath. It was like thousands of knife stabbing all over my body at the same time.

I somehow managed to walk over the gates. The guards eyed me suspiciously. "What are you doing here at this time of night?" I stopped and pulled out my batch. It says FBI, He nodded and let me go. I called a cab and called Zeke. He told me the address to where I have to go. I told the driver the same.

I sit back and close my eyes. I see his beautiful face floating behind my eyelids. "I love you" I said to myself. I saw his eyes crinkling smiling at me. How can I not remember anything we did? How can I not remember those months I was with him. My Riley. My baby. Why I didn't said that I did love him when I should have.

I opened my eyes and see the lights. Tiny lights glowing at the horizon. And I begin to miss him terribly. What the hell is wrong with me? Why cannot I focus? I should focus. I should focus on this. I still can see his smiling face and still can feel him with me. I closed my eyes and let myself drift into the sleep which takes me closer to him.

The cab jerks and halts waking me instantly. I looked at the place. It looks so unwelcoming to me. But that is what makes it safe for all our operations. I need to get there and save my Riley. He may not have much time on him. He may have been trapped or maybe worse.

No don't think like that Riley is alive and well. Yes he is alive and well. No question in that. I am going to find him. With this determination in my mind I walked out and walked towards the abandon building.