Chapter 31

Riley/Ryan

I looked at her scowling expression. I cannot believe it. She is here. My avenging angel. She is here for me. She is here and she is not going anywhere. If I survive this I am going to make sure she never leaves my side again.

"Father what a pleasant surprise to find you here though I am not a bit of surprise to find you holding him hostage" Teddy said clicking her gun in place. "Oh no darling daughter you cannot shoot your superior at least the superior who taught you everything. You will give me the codes and I will walk out of here in Ryan winter's private jet framing him as accusatory and you my darling daughter will help me by killing him. I will become a hero in everyone's eyes and also I became rich."'

"Was it always about money?" I asked. "Yes you of all the place should know it Ryan Winters you had it all always. Money id everything I wish it was something else but still it all comes down to dollar bills. And I want all you have down to every last penny. Your father is willing to pay for sparing you. Poor old fellow giving everything for a child who is a bastard's son. You heard me Ryan Winter's Henry Winters is not your real father. Your mother ran away with someone and delivered you as a parting gift dying a pathetic death afterwards."

What? No that is why he hates me. No one can love me. He said that because he was hurt not because he hates me. I am sorry father. I am sorry that I did this all. I am sorry for accusing you. "I love you Ryan no matter what always remember that. I love you always and I will do everything in my hand to protect you from this."

The man laughed "How sweet of you two almost makes me cry with joy happy reunion happy reunion but I doubt that it will be a very happy ending" He said acidly. "Duck" I yelled at Adrianna she was swift on her feet. She tired to knock the gun out of his hand but she was not fast enough.

"You think you can walk out with the evidence against me what you recorded in your spy camera?" He asked her. "What camera I don't have any" She said. "You think I am a fool bambino don't forget I taught you everything you know don't forget I am still your father"

"An unwanted father" Adrianna said. "Oh then our feelings are mutual because you too are my unwanted daughter" The man snarled at Adrianna . She Smiled for some reason and I don't want to be on receiving side of whatever she is planning right now. "Actually Father probably you should learn few new tricks from daughter too"

Before I can figure out she yanked me of f the blast zone. Swat teams poured in and ceased the man. "I always have a back up plan" Zeke materialized from the gates. "got the distress signal" he said smiling,

Some times I cannot help but feel envious and jealous I know I shouldn't but I do. "But how did you know this will work?" he asked. "I have got faith baby something you should have too. She doubled over pain suddenly. "Hey are you alright?" I asked. "nothing just I was not fast enough to stop to stop the bullet I forgot about no wearing the bulletproof vest. She gave me a bloody smile.

She was rushed back to hospital thankfully the injury was not been as grave as before. I decided to stay by her side to see when she wake up. She did thankfully after few hours. "Riley baby go to your father I will be here waiting for you." I don't want to leave her but I also want to honor her request. So I kissed her softly and turned to leave giving her one last glance before disappearing among the crowded hallway.

I stopped my car in front of my father's office. I know he must have been working late he always does sometimes he even forgets that he have a child who had been waiting for him on the dinner table. I sighed and walked inside. I took the elevator to the top floor .

I looked at his tired figure still working on his laptop crouched down. "Dad" I said he looked up and relief flooded his features. "Ryan Son I...I thought you are..." Tears welled up his eyes and he practically ran towards me. He hugged me so tightly. He was as tall as me. "Son you are alright I have not lost you I have not lost the last memory of her. I promise I do I will make things right between us."

"Dad I am fine look I am alright Adrianna saved me." "Bess that girl" My father said happily. "Ryan can you join from tomorrow as the CEO and give this old man peace to be with his only son and maybe few grandchildren" I blushed first time my father talked to me properly and he is talking about grandchildren?

"So when is the wedding I cannot wait to see you tied up to that girl how long since you proposed let me guess eight year? Marry her already I am not getting younger and I do have a surprise for you" He called someone and minutes later the huskies entered on leash but as then saw me they ran towards me in full speed.

I was knocked down and my father laughed. I laughed along with him. I felt complete for the first time. I saw cute little pups following behind. "A more little surprise?" I ask my father nodded. That night I spend having father son time for the first time in my life and I do not regret any moment of it.