Double the love **Chapter 1

Lucinda's POV

"I have to go mum, I'm late" I said to my mom, while kissing her on her cheek. I grabbed my schoolbag and hurriedly ran through the door. I looked back and saw my mom waving at me closing the house door. My school wasn't far and I could walk, I've been walking for the past four years since my first year of high school. I got use to it and since its my final year I made the most of it, I couldn't miss school because I wanted to leave with flying colours and make the most of my final school year and couldn't disappoint my mother as well after all she is the one who has been there all my life.

I don't have any siblings and my father left when I was only 2 years of age, I hated him and resented him for abandoning my mother and I. I swore to never forgive him even if he was lying on his death bed. The thought of him made my blood boil and every inch of my skin flinch. My mother and I moved from Southern parts Africa, from Namibia to Portugal to start a new a life, and forget about my father and his terrible deeds.

We've been living here for nearly twelve years and I coped, having of learned Portuguese whenever my mom and I travelled to my dads home country in Angola in southern parts of Africa was a big advantage on my part since in Portugal Portuguese was their main language, we lived in Lisbon the capital of Portugal, a beautiful city.

My mom owned a restaurant with her partner or should i say sister Mrs Euridice Mendez. I worked as a waitress there during weekends, holidays and whenever I was free basically.

I was completing my high school at Lisboa high school, it was an okay school, I love everything about it, from the teachers to the learners, well maybe not all the learners but yeah... It was nearly 5 months and I would be done with high school, I decided on where to go for college, I want to study Architecture and the Institute of Architects located in Lisbon was my best option, it would only take me seven years and I would be done...its not long, right? Oh whatever as long as I'm pursuing my dreams.

I was never a fan of long studies but when it came to architecture I could take my whole life studying it. I was really passionate about it and especially because I was a good sketch artist and loved sketching, sketching was my life and I felt like I could combine my love for building with sketching into one beautiful thing called architecture.

"Lucinda, wait up!" I heard a deep but soft voice yell my name, I turned and saw my friend Stefano Mendez, the person who has been with me all my life, side to side, he was like family, we met when me and my mom were still living in the Southern part of Africa, he is originally from Angola and that's where we met when we were a year of age, that time my mom and I were living with my dad in Angola before he disappeared a year later and my mom decided for us to move back to Namibia her birth country and mine two, when we moved, Stefano and his mom, Mrs Euridice Mendez followed shortly after her husband died.

She was a very close friend of my mom's. They were like sisters, later my mom convinced Mrs Euridice to move with us to Portugal and start a business of their own and she agreed and now they own two restaurants in Portugal, one in Porto and one in Lisbon, my mom was the one managing the one in Lisbon while Mrs Euridice managed the one in Porto. Stefano also helped waiting in the restaurant but was mostly busy with other things like his girlfriend who he has been dating for over a year now or if he is not with his girlfriend then he is probably meditating with his weird Indigoist smoking buddies, he smoked marijuana and I told him he should stop before he became an addict but he refused to accept that he was or will ever become an addict.

Being my best friend I knew him too well, and I knew I couldn't stop him from smoking marijuana but I could help him control it, so from time to time I would challenge him and tell him that if he isn't an addict then he can stop for a week and him being so foolish to fall for my trap would even stay two weeks without smoking which made me kinda happy.