Chapter 9

Lucinda's POV

**
____

Brrrrrrrrng
Brrrrrrrrrng
Brrrrrrrrrrng

That stupid alarm clock repeatedly kept ringing and each time louder than the previous.

I tried to stretch my hand to shut it up or hopefully knock it over but I couldn't reach it, darn that clock.

I threw it with my stuffed smurf and it fell and finally stopped ringing. There was a wonderful silence in the room and I enjoyed it.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrng
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrng

There it went again and I think its broken. I threw my bedsheets to the floor.

"Arrrgh" I yelled and fell on the floor right on top of the alarm clock and I broke it. Great now I have to buy a new one cos this one was squashed and smashed to the ground.

The day already started off bad and its Prom day today. I haven't prepared at all. The week went by so quickly I hadn't even noticed that it was Friday.

Ever since I was angry at Giovanni on Monday and then poof the whole week just flew by. I just remember Tuesday or Wednesday when Gio made it up to me and pasted flyers of people to vote for me and him and he put so much effort into it. Its not really what I wanted but atleast he made it up to me, he really showed that he cared bout me since he didn't have time for those funny things he was able to sacrifice his time for me and paint soo many portraits of me to paste around.

He is a very good painter. I found myself dwelling on Giovanni on the floor with my head resting on my hand and my legs crossed in the air. I really like him like sooooo much. He is so mysterious and I like that.

He makes me feel like I'm the only girl in the world. He is exactly what I need, a bad boy to turn me bad or for me to turn him good.

"What are you doing?" My mom asked me quite confused.

Wait how long has she been standing there ? And why is she only coming now when the darn alarm clock couldn't stop ringing. She couldn't even bother to come and switch the frickin thing off.

"Nothing mama, just enjoying the cosiness of my mat , did you know this thing is so comfortable?" I asked with a smile on my face, I couldn't let her find out that the alarm clock was broken cause she would kill me. That would be the sixth clock I've broken in 2 months , I can't risk it. I looked at my mom who was confused, I was trying to ignore the dust of the mat that kept going to my noise, I eventually sneezed but still played it cool.

"I'm glad this is your final year of adolescence because I can't deal with this craziness, I mean I wasn't like that as a teen I was so......-" Here we go again. How many times do I have to hear this story over and over again, she is gonna tell me she was disciplined and never slept on the floor, gossshh I get it you were obedient but that was in your time mama this is the new generation, we have a different way of being obedient. My mind slipped out of what my mom was saying and drifted to Giovanni, I looked at my mom looking like I was interested.

"Get up and dressed so we go look for your dress, hurry" my mom closed the door behind her and I could hear her footsteps going down the stairs.

Wait, I think I should get a dog, this house is way too quiet I mean I need a best friend that can listen but can't talk.

Back to me on the floor with a smashed clock in my belly. I got up and started sneezing uncontrollably, ughh, stupid dust.

I slapped the air. Yeah you heard right, I fought with the air kicking and punching it till it knocked me off my feet and I fell but on my back this time.

Damn it was painful, really painful. So take this as a life lesson kids don't try it at home yeah. Don't fight with the air cos it will knock you straight off your glutinous maximus ( that means butt by the way, I think, just google it mahn I'm no scientists to be naming peoples butts.)

"Lucinda, are you done or playing ?" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

I quickly ran to the shower.

"Almost , mama", I yelled back trying to get my sleeping wear off. The water was so cold, and the hot side didn't wanna work, so now I was turned into an iceberg.

I came out of the shower freezing and literally shaking. I threw in a cute Sumner dress with beautiful floral patterns and black pumps. I was never afraid to show how comfortable in my own body I was. I loved my body, it just suits me you know.

I took a hat from cupboard, a lovely summer hat that was so exaggerated like literally, I put it on and hear d downstairs to have breakfast with my mom.

I found her setting the bananas on the table.

"You're fast", she exclaimed happily

"Yuuup I'm like the flash", I stood up like a superhero and did wonder women's signature stand.

***

"Mama I don't like it , its too old fashioned", I dragged my arms down and pulled myself around lazily. I wasn't going to prom looking like 1987 spit me out of their timeline. No ways sister!

So we searched the whole mall up and down left and right and centre. We went to guess shops, Gucci shops, and other funny things until we found the right dress, the perfect dress, and the right jewellery and I know who will do my make up and hair, guess who, my mom. Yeah I know right, but she is good.

Okay! Now we are headed home to start preparing, we have 5 hours since we like spent half of the day in the mall. My mom is something else guys. Gosssshh!

But I love her.

Hi guys its Omnivert, so I legit hope you enjoyed.

Toodles

Wait do people still use words like legit and toodles ?

Agh never mind

Mwaah :)