Chapter 35

Lucinda's POV

I can't believe all that came out of my mouth, the things I would do for my child are unimaginable. I want the truth and that's the only way I can get it.

I'm tired of this uncertainty and these lies I've been telling my daughter because I want to protect her, she is getting older and smarter, shell figure it out one day anyways.

"What's wrong ?" Juano who was seated beside me in the car spoke

"N-nothing" I stuttered and faced him noticing that the car had come to a complete stop and we were parked in front of the restaurant.

I saw a huge crowd of people in front of the restaurant and close to the car, they all looked happy which all the more reason to remind me why I'm here. Its my restaurants grand opening, I smiled a little as Juano unlocked the car. I looked at the back seat to find an amazed looking Voye looking at the crowd, no wonder she hadn't spoken.

I got out of the car and was gret by a bright flash and cheers of people. Juano stood by my side as I pulled Voye into my arms and began walking to the restaurant with a big red bow around the door.

I saw Mrs Mendez come towards me with a proud look on her face and handed me some large gold scissors.

"Cut it with me Angel" I spoke facing Voye as she gave me an excited shriek and held the scissors with me until we cut the bow together and the bow fell to the floor. I saw more flashes at the corner of my eye and heard loud cheers as I opened the doors to the restaurant.

I was gret by the sweet smell of seafood and iodised table salt scented the whole place.

"Mae's Grande is officially open " I shouted facing the crowd as they all began to walk in and take their seats. Everything for today was on the house since its the grand opening, its an invitation to all. I saw a very familiar looking man coming towards me with a big smile on his face.

"Luci, I'm so proud of you " my smile widened when he spoke and I realised it was Stefano

"Mendez, oh God I missed you, when did you arrive ?" I immediately pulled him into my arms and gave him a long tight hug.

"I arrived yesterday, I didn't wanna miss your grand opening" he gave me a sheepish smile as he stared at me

"My, have you grown handsome look at you " I poked his arm with my finger and I noticed the braces in his mouth as he laughed running a hand through his hair.

"Talk about you best friend, you've bloomed so beautifully even after everything you've been through " he gave me a sincere smile and grabbed both my hands into his.

I really missed him and at times like this he is always there for me when I need him the most.

"Well you should enjoy, I have to greet the rest of the people but we need to catch up " I squeezed his hands a bit tighter

"Definitely, I'll stay after all this is over" he smiled then released my hands as he disappeared into the crowd

I walked through the people at the tables while greeting them and thanking them for their lovely comments.

I was startled when I saw two identical looking men walking through the double wide open doors.

Oh God they really are twins, I mean at first I knew they were twins but I never saw them together which made me not to really think about it but now that I'm seeing them together it's so different.

I was starstruck, I was frozen, my body stood in equilibrium. Giovanni actually did what I told him to do ? Even though its been a week since I talked to him and not the 48 hours I gave him I'm still shocked he went through with it, I thought he would rebel against me. I mean Was I that threatening?, If I wasn't so frozen I would give myself a pat on the back.

I was shaken back to reality when a waiter bumped into me lightly.

"Excuse me ma'am" the waiter said as he left off to go wait at his table.

I headed to the two men who looked too overly dressed for the occasion if I were to say. Not that they don't look good but the suits are just too official. I can't tell who is who, now I understand how it was so easy for me to fall into Giano's trap.

Their hair looked exactly the same in a fastened bun at the back of their heads. The only difference were the colours of their suits, one wore a black suit which I'm starting to think is Giovanni and the other wore a navy blue suit, I think he is Giano. They both gave me that charming smile as they saw me getting closer.

"Good afternoon gentlemen" I tried to keep it official as my hands started to sweat, I was so nervous, I rubbed my hands along the smooth cotton of my pencil skirt gently.

"Good afternoon ma'am" they spoke in unison

Is it wrong for me to find this sexy, cause I find it extremely sexy, I thought Gio said they weren't on good terms now what is this.

My oh my oh my, can't I just have them both

"Welcome to Mae's Grande, please enjoy the food" my mind was blank on what to say to them, that was the only thing I could think of to say at that moment. I mean its not the right time to talk about everything so they can just do like everybody else and sink their teeth into the seafood.

The only thing that matters now is that they are both here and the truth will be revealed soon. I saw the one in the navy blue suit nod at me and he walked past me, I could smell his manly essence playing at the tip of my nose as I turned to see where or to who he was going, to my surprise he headed to Stefano, oh so that one is Giovanni, goodness they are more confusing than ever. Its like they did this on purpose to confuse me, I bet it was Giovanni's doings.

I watched as they gave each other pats and hugs and exchanged smiles, Giovanni actually wore a different colour today, and boy does he look good. A smile crept at the corner of my mouth as I was still starring.

"Lucinda" his voice shook me from my trance and I turned my neck to face him.

"Giano" I folded my arms to my chest as I looked up to him

"Please allow me to apologize, I can explain, I mean after all these years I still feel remorseful about what I did to you and when Gio called me a couple of days ago stating you wanted to see me I thought this would be my chance to make things right" he looked regretful but still full of pride

"Look now is not the time for this, we can talk after the opening, when everything has cooled down, but for now just enjoy, please " I lifted my hand to assure him its okay and he can go on and join the rest.

I felt a bit tense when I met Juano's eyes locked on me, he wants answers and I'm not sure I can answer them now. I feel so bad because he has been nothing but good to me and yet he is paying for all my doings.

I really don't want my problems to become his problems and I don't wanna hurt him or get him hurt in my quest for the truth.

He honestly truly deserves better. I grabbed a glass from the waiter's tray and called for silence until everybody's eyes were on me.

Once I was sure I had everybody's attention I slowly looked around and opened my mouth.

"I wanna make a toast" my eyes soared the men and women smiling at me

"To good things" after my last word the crowd cheered