Chapter 43

Lucinda's  POV

My mind was drowning in thoughts, what I had heard was painful and what I did was even more painful.

All my life I had resented my father but never did I know that I would be his end. Never did I even think that he was so close to me and never did I know that I would turn out a murderer.

Now it all makes sense, when I saw his face he looked familiar, I've seen him before, he is the one that has been watching me. The day of my graduation, it was him, it was him all along. He was always there but I never put the pieces together and always ignored it.

How could he have of been so heartless, he abandoned us but still kept his eye on us, my father was my fiancé's boss.

I felt Giovanni's hand on my lap and tears began to stroke down my cheeks. I heard Rapha groan from behind us, I turned to his injured leg and his stabbed chest looking weak and bloodless, he was loosing so much blood and I was scared he was gonna die, considering the bullet is still in his leg.

"Just a little longer Rapha, we are almost at the hospital " Giovanni squeezed my thigh

"I-I won't make it " Rapha replied weakily and his words made my tears roll even faster

"Don't say that Raphael, you're strong and you can do this" Giovanni's breathing became harder

"They will arrest me the minute I recover. Did you forget I'm wanted ?" He laughed bitterly

"They won't do anything to you I promise you that " Giovanni's eyes were focused on the road ahead of us was it because he didn't want to see how weak Rapha was or because he didn't want Rapha to see his weakness

"I've,I've l-l-lost too much blood " his words were like a whisper

"Just hold on Soldier we're almost there " I told him and he nodded his head

"Giovanni, thank you for" he coughed loudly "for everything mahn, I'm sorry for how I treated you in the past, I'm the reason you're caught in this mess, and the bad I've done, you" his mouth closed and opened gasping for air " you don't know how much I appreciate you mahn, you've been like a brother to me " his eyes closed and opened slowly

"Damn you Raphael, I'll kill you if you make me cry " Gio tried to keep it together while Raphael chuckled lightly

"Take care of my sister " my eyes grew wider when his eyes closed but didn't open again

"R-R-Raph-Raphael" the words got stuck inside of my throat

A loud sob came out of my mouth and Gio immediately pulled over. He opened his door widely and ran to open Raphas door, his body began shivering, his mouth opened but no words came out, he placed his hands in his hair as he fixed it into a bun on top of his head, he kept pacing back and forth, he couldn't even look at Rapha's dead body.

"Damn it " he cursed loudly and kicked the car's tyre

I got out of the passenger seat and ran towards him, I wrapped my hands around his waist and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry " his words were nothing but pain as he embraced my body into his arms

"For what ?" I looked up at him

"For leading you into this life, you were better off with your driver, you were safer with him than you'll ever be with me " he kissed my forehead

"No, I'm safer with you cause I want no one else but you, and I don't care what life or world you live in along as I'm living it with you " I rubbed his arms gently

"I love you " his eyes looked straight into mine, I've never seen him like this and it tears me apart but I'll mend him back to his old self

"I love you " I closed my eyes as his lips hungrily took over mine, he kissed me with this urge of bitter sweet taste that left me drained out of blood, he continued kissing me as if he were searching for something deep within me. As if he were searching for comfort or a way stop his pain.

A car honked passed us and we broke our kiss, what a rude person, has he never two people in love. I turned my head to find Giovanni looking at Raphael's dead body and frustratedly placed his hands over his temple. He two a few final paces before turning to the car and closed the door to Raphael's deceased body.

I got back to my seat and him to his. The drive home was silent, Giovanni looked deep in thought and seemed as if he didn't want to accept Raphael's death. He dropped me off at home and said he has to take Raphas body to the morgue, obviously it would rot if he left it in the car and also he didn't want Voye to see a dead body or see him all bloody like that so he just dropped me off and left, he said he would prepare Raphael's burial and break the news to his sister.

Raphael didn't talk much about his family and only had his sister and girlfriend to take care of, she was very young, I think about Voye's age, he was the breadwinner of the family and now I feel sorry for that little girl, she was very sweet and loved her brother a lot, I remember times where she would come and play with Voye, I just feel sorry for her.

Why did this have to happen to her, oh poor thing. She is so innocent.

***

The burial was depressing, reminding me of my mother's death, we were all dressed in black and I saw Raphael's little sister standing next to her brothers girlfriend with hands clasped together, tears were rolling down his girlfriends cheeks but not on his sister's cheek, maybe because she was too young to understand or because there were no more teats left to cry.

Giovanni stood right beside me in his black tux, once the pastor was done talking, he went and threw a white rose on his coffin as it was going six feet under. He had arranged the burial and made sure that everything was well planned, I knew he wanted to give his soul brother a proper farewell and I gave him all the support and comfort only a woman can give to her mam.

I can only imagine his pain, after the Messiahs house, I won't call him my father because he was non of that to me, once it was discovered it had spread all over the news, there were many dead bodies found including his. The police doesn't know how it happened or why but their theory is that there was a gang invasion. A battle between two gangs, they can make up any theory they like as long Giovanni is not involved.

The burial ended soon after and I headed to the car, Giovanni stayed behind to say his goodbyes to Raphael and also some comforting words to his sister. Raphael was a good guy and he didn't deserve to die like that. He deserved to start his life brand new and have a second chance in life. But you know what they say, only the good die young.

I got to the black Lexis LC 500 and got into the passenger seat, I was patiently waiting for Giovanni and kept looking at all the people that came to Raphael's burial.

I didn't know most of them but some of them were apart of Giovanni's gang so they knew Raphael I'm guessing.

I saw Giovanni walking towards the car, he got in and sat down quietly, his breathing was heavy and his hands on the steering wheel.

I lifted my hand to his shoulder and he looked at me, we kept starring at each other for what felt like ages until he opened his mouth.

"The Messiah's wife is still alive " he told me

"How do you know " he had informed me that my father had a wife but didn't go much into detail.

"She wasn't in the house " his chest kept rising up and down

"Do you think she would come for you ?" I questioned worriedly, we don't need anymore deaths please no

"Doubt she knows it was me, considering the fact she hasn't been around for about three weeks before the gang invasion " his voice sounded more calm now

"Then don't stress about it " I gave him a genuine smile

He didn't comment further and started the ignition, we drove out of the cemetery in silence. A comfortable silence may I add, that's one thing I love about him, he makes every situation for me comfortable.

As for the Messiahs wife, I hope there is nothing to stress about.