Chapter 25: Just Keep Swimming

A/N:
Another filler, I'm sorry. I'm struggling with my writing. Shout-out to that tumblr anon who requested this PoV 😘

***

Camren's PoV
(the fish, not the ship)

Where's the finger?

I can't see the finger.

I miss the finger.

I want the finger.

I feel empty without the finger.

Oooh, look at that bubble! I must have farted.

I'm hungry.

Bloodworms.

I want some brine shrimp.

No, but really, I love the finger. I bet you'll like it, too.

I wiggle my ass with an extra sway as I try to get the attention of my skinny human, but it's no use. She's been moaning and groaning in bed, complaining of cramps, and my other human -- my favorite one -- runs out of the room in a hurry. It's been half an hour already, and I miss her.

Humans. I learned that term back when I was in that pet shop and the older fishes would tell me stuff that's going on outside the water. I recall them all because I'm smart. I retain information for a long time. Anyway, they always say that humans are bad news, but I beg to differ. Because my humans are the best. Sure, they're not perfect, they could be terribly annoying and needy sometimes -- always begging for my attention -- but they're my pet humans. In my head, they are no different than I am - they're simply bigger fishes. Sillier and weirder, yes, but still fishes like me.

As I don't fully understand what a human is,
I simply categorize my whiter pet human with the thick eyebrows as an Albino Cory. I love her so much. She takes good care of me, and she always gives me the finger which I love.

Oh, here she comes barreling through the door, all frantic and breathless as if she just ran a marathon! She's carrying a huge plastic bag -- I hope she got something for me.

Nope. There she goes, upending all the contents of the bag onto the untidy bed of the skinny one who's been whimpering all morning. Apparently, it's all for her.

I peer through the glass and I see chocolates, tampons, pain reliever, potato chips, bananas, cookies, and ice cream -- are you surprised that I know all those stuff when I'm just a little fish? Do you find it hard to believe that I'm talking and analyzing things? Well I'm more surprised that you're still listening to a fish rambling about tampons and her human-fishes, I mean don't you have better things to do? That's right, this is my story and if I say that I know what a tampon is, then you best believe I know what I'm talking about. Sit your scaly ass down and be quiet, and if you don't like my story, then go write your own.

So, anyway, I see the skinny human-fish beaming happily, and I'm starting to think that her whole moaning about menstrual cramps was just a ploy to get freebies from my human. Sneaky little fishy preying on my pet-human's weakness.

Now let me tell you something, okay? I haven't seen a fish so obsessed with another fish in my entire life. It's like there's no other fish in the pond other than this one. Sometimes, when the skinny fish is in her classes, my pale pet-human would sit in front of me (she has a more laidback class schedule, according to her) and talk to me as she taps on the glass and she'll be like Camz this Camz that, on and on as if I wasn't in the room when Camz ate ten bananas under three minutes for a dare, and how cute she looked with her cheeks puffed up and her mouth full of bananas -- I mean, seriously? I know the skinny fish is adorable, but she's not that cute! It's getting so annoying I want to barf. I would have vomited already if I didn't abhor swimming in my own puke. It's just not worth it.