Chapter 56: Tapeworm Infestations and Shark Attacks

ALLY

Picture this. I am with Dinah and Normani at Chugs and A Bun, and it is deathly silent. Neither of them are being their usual chatty selves, as one is busy with her phone, while the other is so focused on her food you would think she's having a telepathic conversation with the chicken wings.

Looking at both of them, I wonder what the hell has happened since Camila's birthday two days ago. I know I may have acted a little goofy that time, but have I really done something so embarrassing that my friends couldn't even look at me anymore? Heck they can't even look at each other, I mean this has got to be serious.

I have tried so hard to keep the conversation flowing -- or started, to be more accurate. I even have stopped talking about Waffle House and tried to offer conversation starters that I'm sure will get them going -- I mean, that has got to mean something, right?

"So, Beyonce has a new album, huh?" I prompt.

Wrong. Mute as freak crickets. Not a single chirp from their mouths.

"Okay, guys, I've had enough of this. What is going on with you two?"

"Huh?"

"What?"

Oh, these two bimbos. They're really testing me today.

"Look, I know I got wasted at Mila's birthday and I can't remember most of the night, but I need to know what the heck has happened?"

They hang their heads, as if they're in the presence of the Lord and are overwhelmed with a deep shame because of their sins, and they don't say a single word. If I were a violent person, I would have already whacked their heads with my plate.

Honestly, I'm exhausted. Not because I had quite a raunchy night with Will and I'm running on only two hours of beauty sleep, but I am really tired of carrying this group and getting nothing from it. Alas, I want answers. Something has obviously happened with Camila and Lauren two days ago, which has resulted to Camila's IG post of matching tattoos, and while I have an idea as to what it means, of course I need some sort of confirmation, which these two useless lumps of long legs and pretty hair are failing to provide me.

Why did I allow myself to get so drunk during such a pivotal night and not even be conscious when exciting things have happened at the Cabello house? Now, I even have to deal with these two clowns acting like they don't even know each other.

"Oh my god," I sigh, staring at the two who still refuse to look at each other. "Are you two fighting?"

Dinah mumbles 'No.'

"Well, if you're not fighting, is this about Camren, then?" I push. It's like talking to pre-schoolers. "Are Camila and Lauren dating?"

Normani, at least, answers this time. "I haven't spoken to Lauren yet. But they did leave the party together, and Sinu was livid."

Dinah nods, but still doesn't look at Normani. "Yeah, Mila hasn't answered my texts about it. I wanted to go to their dorm, but I didn't wanna see something traumatic. I mean, they've probably been fucking non-stop since then."

"Dinah Jane!"

I slap her arm, then glancing at Normani because I kind of expect her to react as well, but there she is staring at her lap looking like a repentant nun who just scissored her Mother Superior the previous night. I squint my eyes at her, trying to figure out this little mystery.

"Okay, you both need to 'fess up right now, because I'm so over this!"

"What?"

"Don't freaking what me! Why are y'all acting so weird?"