Chapter 9: The Morning After

A/N: I think I need to update today, not just because I got the followers on my TIAC PLAYLIST, but also because I'm in a dark mood rn, and I need this as a form of release. Every time I post a chapter, I get the urge to write a new one. So it's a therapeutic cycle. I need it. But pls be more lenient, I haven't polished this chapter the way I usually do, so if you find some inconsistencies, let it slide, I'll get back to it when I'm feeling better (mentally).

As always, your feedback helps 💚😘

* * *

Camila wakes up groggily to the refreshing smell of coffee wafting through her nostrils, and when she opens one eye to survey the room she immediately sees a steaming cup on her bedside table, and a view of Lauren's robed back bent down on her side of the room.

"Lauren?" She croaks out, surprised at the scratchy feel of her throat, and winces when she gets a whiff of her own morning breath.

What the hell did she even eat last night?

She tries to recall the night before as she observes Lauren move around so smoothly all over their room, like a gypsy gliding ethereally in front of her.

Everything's still so hazy in her mind, and she doesn't even know why.

"Hey, beautiful. How are you feeling?" Lauren snaps her out of her reveries, or lack thereof.

"Feeling sapped. What happened last night? How did we get home? I don't even recall walking out of that party." She asks.

Turning around, unaware that her robe is a bit loose and giving Camila a free show of her goodies (or is she really oblivious?), Lauren smiles at Camila.

Well, that's a good sign, Camila thinks. She's half-expecting her to be bitchy again, but she's not complaining. Especially when she has a cup of steaming hot coffee waiting for her.

"Is this for me?" She points at the mug beside her, still unsure because this is the first time this has ever happened, and unless she woke up in an alternate universe where she's enrolled at Hogwarts and has her very own house elf who serves her drinks in the morning, nobody else would be able to do this other than Lauren, considering there's no one else in the room. Which, again, is such an absurd idea, she'd most likely believe Dobby did it than her roommate.

"Who else is it for? That's your mug, isn't it?" Lauren frowns and puts her hand on her hip, which causes her robe to open a little wider, her right nipple peeking out of the fabric, all pink and proud.

Camila gulps at the wonderful sight in front of her.

"Are you okay?" Lauren questions. "You're acting weird."

Camila looks away from Lauren's chest, being hypnotized so early in the morning is not an ideal thing, and she pretends to yawn and rub her eyes. When she sits up and stretches her arms above her head, her blanket slithers down to her lap and she feels a cool breeze envelop her skin. She looks down, and gasps loudly as she realizes that she's only in her bra and panties.

She immediately looks up, questions swirling inside her head, only to see Lauren staring and smirking at her before turning her back to continue rifling through her things, putting on some clothes, bit by bit.

"What happened last night? Why am I undressed!?" She asks in a state of panic. Everything is still a blur, only bits and pieces of the night before flashing on her mind, like some kind of an unfinished jigsaw puzzle.

"I'm actually offended. You don't even remember? It was the best night of my life." Lauren pouts.

"Lauren Jauregui, you better put that sassy mouth to good use and start explaining or I'll freaking choke the life outta you!" Camila hisses, annoyed that Lauren looks so cheeky, when her brain feels ten times bigger, and could explode any moment.