Telling

*Penelope's pov*

I smiled small as I watched Zuri play. "So I made the basketball team at UCLA," I smiled at my dad.
"Awe I knew you would! That's my girl!" he smiled at me, patting my back.
"I know," I giggled, "Also I met a boy."
"Already??" Monica laughed.
"Well I've known him or a bit now," I nodded, "Hes a bit older than I am."
"How much older?" my dad asked.
"He's 20," I nodded, "Not much older."
"Oh okay, well who is he?" he asked.
"Well I don't really want to tell you," I shrugged a bit.
"Why not?" he looked at me.
"Well I don't really want anyone to know yet but I wanted you to know that I am with someone and I don't want you to be mad about it," I nodded.
"Why would I be mad about it?"
"I don't know just don't want you to be mad I didn't tell you I guess. I'm going to stay with him for awhile too," I nodded, "You cant tell me I cant either."
"What are you talking about??" he laughed.
"You know who he is dad," I nodded.
"It better not be a pl-" Monica cut him off.
"Whats the issue about her not dating a player? What's so wrong with that?" she asked.
"I don't want her with guys like that," he shook his head.
"You want me to be with a basketball player," I shrugged, "Who knows next year he might not even be on the Lakers anyways."
"So you are dating a player??" he sat up more.
"Yeah dad I am!" I stood up, "I am dating a player of yours but who fucking cares?? If we break up, we break up! I don't see what your issue is!!"
"I don't want you with someone who is going to break your heart!" he yelled back at me.
"He is going to break my heart dad!! He is loyal and we are doing great!" I shook my head at him. Zuri started to cry with all the yelling that was going on. She walked up to Monica and Monica calmed her down. "Thanks for being happy for me," I shrugged at him.
"Well I don't see why you cant follow my rules," he shrugged
"I have followed your rules for 18 years dad. I'm an adult and I can be with whoever I want to be with. I want to be with him rater you like it or not cause its happening," I shrugged.
"Whatever," he rolled his eyes at me, "Who is it?"
"None of your business," I walked upstairs to my room.

I got my phone out and texted Lonzo.

Me-
I told my dad
I was dating
someone on
the team.

Lonzo-
How did that go?

Me-
Not very good.

Lonzo-
What happened?

Me-
He got mad but
I'm an adult and
I am going to date
whoever I want to.
He has no say.

Lonzo-
True. Good for
you baby.

Me-
I'll talk to you
in a bit I think
we are going out
for dinner. Maybe
tomorrow you
wanna come for
dinner?

Lonzo-
You sure about
that? Are you sure
he wont kill me?

Me-
I wont let him
baby.

Lonzo-
Alright then
yeah I will

Me-
See you then babe.

~

"You done being mad?" I looked at my dad.
"Yeah I guess," he shrugged. Its later at night and Zuri is already asleep. Its about 10 now. "Good cause he's coming tomorrow for dinner," I nodded.
"Good," he shrugged.
"Good," I nodded and walked upstairs. I got my phone out and started to text Kaiser.

Me-
Lonzo is coming
to dinner tomorrow..

Kaiser-
Really? You told your
dad??

Me-
I didn't tell him who
it was... but Lonzo
and I were ready
to tell him so yeah.

Kaiser-
Damn good luck...

Me-
I'll need it.

~

Monica and my dad were downstairs making dinner and I was upstairs getting ready. Lonzo has been texting me all day saying he was nervous about it I knew he would be okay though. My dad loves him a player and a person so lets hope that he loves him as my boyfriend too. I put on my outfit that I knew Lonzo liked. I smiled small and fixed my hair a bit and then jogged downstairs. "He just texted me that he will be here in ten minutes," I nodded and smiled at my dad and Monica.
"Sounds good," Monica smiled at me and winked at me. I giggled a bit and sat down on the floor with Zuri, playing with her. There was a knock on the door and I stood up right away. "Okay he's here. Dad you be nice you hear me!" I looked at him stern. I went to the door and opened it. I smiled up at Lonzo who was dressed pretty nicely. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tight. He wrapped his arms around me and held me too. "Lonzo Ball," my dad started, "So you're the one dating my daughter huh?"
"Yes sir," he pulled away from me and looked at my dad.
"Did you not clearly understand the rule I gave out at first-" I cut him off.
"Dad knock it off. Him and I et before he was even a Laker," I lied.
"Yeah we did," he nodded, going along with it.
"Alright," my dad shrugged. I walked Lonzo into the kitchen and smiled small. I sat down at the table with him and Monica put all the food onto the table. I hope tonight goes well...

A/N-
Double update babes!! Hope you liked!!