Resumption!!

Dedicated to EssieNeh for the cover.

Sarah Wellington woke up disoriented at where she was because it doesn't look like her room whose wall was painted in pink and white but this unfamiliar room was painted in cream and it took her a while before she remembered she was at her school's hostel and it was her first day at the University of Lagos.

The previous day had been an emotional day for her as her younger sister, parents and her elder brother had started crying as she was about to leave home. She smiled as she recalled telling her mum "chill mum, I'm just going to school not getting married." yesterday while her mother had burst into more tears.

Sarah is currently residing in the school hostel, She looked around the room which was a bit scattered because she and her roommates luggage's were still hanging around.

The room was fairly large, It contains three bunk which currently occupies her five roommates who were still asleep except Tolani whom she preferred calling Tola. Sarah stood up from her bed and yawned.

"Good morning." Tola said looking up momentarily from her phone.

"Good morning, You are awake early." I noted.

"Yea, I'm used to waking up early." She replied simply so I made my way to the bathroom to prepare for the day. I brushed my teeth and rinsed my face before exiting the bathroom, On getting to the room I noticed my roommates were all awake.

I sat on my bed and brought out my phone and earpiece which I had drop under my pillow before falling asleep the previous night, I was surprised to see three missed calls and five messages from Rose as I switched it on.

I smiled as I thought of Rose, My best friend. I call her rosy because she was very rosy and also the full package. She is very beautiful, outspoken, brilliant and she was never to be left behind wherever there is fun. She was every guy's dream.

Rosy: Babes!!!!
          Where are you?!🙄🙄🙄
          If you do not come online this instant, I am unfriending you 😧😧😧
Where the hell are you, I hope you are safe?🙁🙁
Good morning.

Me: Hi.

Rosy: Hmmm

Me: Sorry b, I fell asleep.

Rosy: Whatever girl🙄🙄

Me: How are you doing, I hope you are fine?

Rosy: Of course I am perfect except my best friend bailed on me last night and I was so bored.

me: I'm sorry b.🙁🤗🤗

Rosy: It's alright, you are welcome. Anyways, how are your roommates, I hope they are all cool.

Me: Yes, they are all cool.

Rosy: So.. Tell me about them.

Me: Well, there is five of them. Tola, Teniola, Tosin, Teemah and one other girl I haven't seen so I don't know her name.

Rosy: You know, if not that your name doesn't start with T. I will think they did an alphabetical order for your hostel😂😂😂

Me: I know, right. T everywhere. So how has your one week being at school.

Rosy: So fucking exhausting, there's registration, lining up to get I.D cards and all. I'm getting darker 😐😕😖😖

Me: Eiyah, don't tell me I have to go through that stress also 🙆🙆

Rosy: 😂😂😂Thank God mine is almost over, you will survive.

Me: I will be surviving dead. I hate stress😖😖😖

Rosy: It's alright, you will get used to it 🤗🤗

Me: Thanks love.

Rosy: Okay b, I have to go now. We have those registration stuff's🙁🙁

Me: Okay, take care. I think ours starts Tomorrow.

               Rosy is offline

I put on my earpiece and started listening to wild thought by bryson tiller featuring rihanna as  I dragged out my suitcase from underneath the bed and started folding and arranging my clothes into the small wardrobe we have been given.

Soon, All my roommates began to do the same and slowly a conversation ensued.

"So, does any body have any idea when lectures are going to begin fully." Teni ask from where she was folding her clothes on her bed.

"It should start in next 2 weeks for fresher's, although I suspect staylite will be starting lectures next week." Says Tosin whom was in her third year.

"Ooh okay. So tell us, hmm... Can I call you Tosin." Tola ask as she arranged her shoes.

"Yes, you can." She replied good naturedly.

"Okay, so Tosin. Tell us, what should we expect In Unilag. How fun is it, what does it entails? " She ask as Tosin nod her head absentmindedly and by then, I had long dropped my phone.

"Oppression." She simply said.

"What do you mean by Oppression?" I ask curiously.

"Here in campus, you meet a lot of big girls. It's not only in this school, it's everywhere. You meet Yahoo Boys, Runs girls that we also call big girls. Also, you will meet rich guys and if you are not careful. You can become a target for the so called big girls because they are always targeting rich boys." She stopped taking a breath.

"There is also distraction because this is a university not high school. If you need or want good grades, you work for it but if not, you are as good as gone. There are a lot of distractions but in whole, you just have to know what you want." She said as i nodded along with her and realized I was going to like her because we were kinda alike. I was someone that had been trained to be serious, I was trained with principle and I also came from a fairly religious family.

"I am looking forward to this but God please save me from temptation, trouble and oppression." I muttered to myself as a girl sauntered in, looking exactly like the definition of a big girl.

~~~~~~~~
   A'N- Hello lovelies, how was the first chapter. If you do love it, then vote and comment. All you have to do is click on the orange star below.

Question of the chapter: What is your first impression of Tosin?

Next chapter gets dedicated to the first three comments.

Love Y'all.